Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Appeggiator and td-20 is it possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appeggiator and td-20 is it possible?

Hope someone can help me out. I have the Korg R3 and the ROLAND TD-20.
    I can get the Korg to tigger the roland drums sounds by hitting the keys. What I want to do is TRIGER the ROALND BRIAN with the ARPEGGIATOR from the Korg. I guess first off is it possible for a device that has an APPEGGIATOR to trigger the sounds of the TD-20 or is it not triggering midi notes? I have gone into setting on both and played around to no avail. If anyone has any suggetions on this please respond. I am wanting to experiment in my little musical world. THANKS

Korg R3

Originally posted by BonzerBoy View Post
    Hope someone can help me out. I have the Korg R3 and the ROLAND TD-20.
    I can get the Korg to tigger the roland drums sounds by hitting the keys. What I want to do is TRIGER the ROALND BRIAN with the ARPEGGIATOR from the Korg. I guess first off is it possible for a device that has an APPEGGIATOR to trigger the sounds of the TD-20 or is it not triggering midi notes? I have gone into setting on both and played around to no avail. If anyone has any suggetions on this please respond. I am wanting to experiment in my little musical world. THANKS
    There's a yes and no to this.

When you play the R3, you press down the keys and the arpeggiator does its thing. I don't think with V-Drums you can have a constant pressure like you do with a keyboard controller. You can trigger single note sounds from the R3 by MIDI between it at the TD-20.

That being said, I have a hold pedal (Boss FS-5U) on my MC-303 that when I MIDI it to my modules, I can play the notes with the pads and have them sustain. I usually have them sustain while I play with the filter and resonance for a little bit and then release and go back to playing individual notes. I've never done this with the MC-303 arpeggiator (something to try tonight).

If you can put a hold pedal into your R3 while it is in arpeggio mode, then maybe it can work. It will tie up one of your feet to keep on the hold pedal. I'll try tonight with my MC-303 and let you know how it goes.
    Frequent GAS Sufferer

TD-9, RMP-12, RMP-5 & SonicCell on Gibraltar Quad Stands.

Comment

That is what I found the Arpeggiator is playing via sound and the midi is triggering the drums sounds to the roland when hitting the keys. What I am trying to do is make the Korg play the roland , then from there I can create some percussion type of kits and have the korg play them. Let me know if it works.

Comment

MIDI Cables

Originally posted by BonzerBoy View Post
        That is what I found the Arpeggiator is playing via sound and the midi is triggering the drums sounds to the roland when hitting the keys. What I am trying to do is make the Korg play the roland , then from there I can create some percussion type of kits and have the korg play them. Let me know if it works.
        Didn't get a chance to experiment last night. Kids kept me busy.

If you can hit the keys from the R3 and get TD-20 sounds, then all you need to do to reverse this is reverse the MIDI cable you are using to do this.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to play with this tonight.
        Frequent GAS Sufferer

Comment

Originally posted by Drumzilla View Post
          If you can hit the keys from the R3 and get TD-20 sounds, then all you need to do to reverse this is reverse the MIDI cable you are using to do this.
          That bit doesn't make sense. He doesn't want the TD-20 pads to produce Korg R3 sounds. (I doubt whether it's possible to get an arpeggiator to trigger individual module sounds via MIDI.)

Bruce

Comment

Oops!

Originally posted by BarT View Post
            That bit doesn't make sense. He doesn't want the TD-20 pads to produce Korg R3 sounds. (I doubt whether it's possible to get an arpeggiator to trigger individual module sounds via MIDI.)

Bruce
            Maybe I misunderstood. I usually trigger sounds from my MC-303 with my pads. I think you can do the reverse. When I MIDI another sound module to my MC-303, I can use the MC-303 arpeggiator to work with the other sound module.
            Frequent GAS Sufferer

Comment

Working...
            X