Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

td9kx cy5 accented 8th notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• td9kx cy5 accented 8th notes

hi everybody.

I need a little help or explaination about the cy5 hihat on the td9kx/sx. I find that when I hit the cy5 the volume is always the same on a CLOSED hihat. If I want to accent using the stick shoulder and tip I don't have an accent. Is this correct?. I thought I would still get a volume change or accent depending on how hard the hihat is hit in the closed position.

Does the VH-11/12 also exhibit this?

Are there settings I can use to "make this happen"

I caught onto this when sombody posted the ac/dc "shook me all night long video link.If I remember it's accented 8ths on the "1" and the weaker strike on the"and"...

thanks
    RJ
    TD-9KX 3 X PD-125/ 2 X PD-105/ 4 X PD-85/KD-85/KD-120/KD-8/Cy-5/cy-8/3 X cy12R/C and 1 CY15R 2 X CY14C and a good ol VH-11!

Perhaps you adjusted the sensitivity too high? I suggest you hit the hi-hat and go to SETUP, TRIG (F1), BASIC (F2); set the trigger type to something else and then back to CY5, which will reset all trigger settings for that pad to defaults. On that screen, you should be able to use the velocity monitor on the right (which shows your last twelve hits) to see the difference between softer and harder hits.

Bruce

Comment

Thanks BarT I'll have another look. I do remember raising the rim sensitivity at one point because the cy5 was missing notes.

cheers
      RJ
      TD-9KX 3 X PD-125/ 2 X PD-105/ 4 X PD-85/KD-85/KD-120/KD-8/Cy-5/cy-8/3 X cy12R/C and 1 CY15R 2 X CY14C and a good ol VH-11!

Comment

Working...
      X