Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

What does TD10 Expanded Mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does TD10 Expanded Mean?

Hi everyone, my first post as I am looking to buy a vdrum kit.

I am going to look at a TD10 kit tomorrow and it says it is Expanded.

Having read some of the details here, do I understand this means it has more kits stored than a non expanded kit and if so, how do you dial up the extra kits to play them?

TD-10 exp.

I'm sure there are other people on this site that can explain more of the differences between the td-10 and td-10exp. better than I can (as I am also a recent TD-10 purchaser/user). Here's my take on it; The expanded td-10 offers more editing ability both on cymbals and drums and sliders on front panel have more individual volume control for various drums/cymbals. Also, I think the kits are different/better on the exp. Additionally, everyone I talked to prior to purchasing my td-10 said make sure you get the exp. module, so I did. I am very happy with it so far and there are some good deals out there to be had. My kit is a custom Yamaha DTXtreme with roland module and hi-hat (you can see pics of it on this forum in pics section). Good luck on your purchase.
    Last edited by scorch whammin; 01-12-09, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Welcome.

Indeed you have another 50 kits to play with, although you can only have 50
      loaded up at a time, but these can be any 50 of the 100 available.

It's very easy to switch between those loaded and those not, although I just
      had to play around while trying to recall how I did it as it's been so long!

The cymbal sounds are very nice on the TD10 and as mentioned, there are
      better editing options.

Best of luck.

Comment

See http://www.roland.com/products/en/TDW-1/index.html .

Beware that there are 2 versions of TDW-1 (thus, 2 versions of expanded TD-10). The early version doesn't have V-Cymbal control. The newer version, unbelievably, is called "TDW-1 with V-Cymbal Control".

If you observe prices of used TD-10 on ebay, you'll notice unexpanded TD-10 worths less than TD-8 while expanded TD-10 worths more than TD-8. This gives you a pretty good indication what other people value the expansion.
        My compact kit.

Comment

Working...
        X