Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-8 Sound with PA Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-8 Sound with PA Problem

Hello,
    I am new, so if this is covered elsewhere, I apologize.
    I have a TD-8 that works, sound perfect. The only mods which haven't affected anything are a PD-125 for the snare and V-drum expressions pack. This has always sounded and worked great.....through headphones.

For Christmas my wife bought me a Behringer 216 Powered Amplifier and a Behringer mixer. The problem (and I have read every manual I have) is when I strike my snare and my 3rd tom ( I have four original snare is now my fourth) the pads sound echoey (sp.) distant and extremely hollow. Every thing else is perfect. I am at a loss. I sure this something that is easy but I am not seeing it.
    Any help would be greatly apprieciated. This only seems to happen if I go through speakers and not headphones.

You probably just need to change the ambience type and maybe lower the send settings a bit. I find with my TD8 the bigger the amp the less effect you need. Through headphones you can have heaps and through a PA you have to wind it right back...
    My Kit
    http://www.vdrums.com/forum/attachme...2&d=1257067362

Comment

It's possible that you're only hearing ambience for those two pads.

Check at SETUP, MENU (F3), OUT that S and 3 are routed to MAS like the other inputs.

Bruce

Comment

I THINK IT IS FIXED!!! Thank You!

Ok. I tried everything you all said. While trying to ensure everything was "hooked: up correctly the problem has gone away by me only having the LEFT out (mono) only. If I hook up the right out it comes back.
        I'm sure I have wasted your time by V-drum setup 101. But why is that?
        If I had 2 PA's would that channel be able to be used?

Anyway thanks for helping and this is a great forum,
        Chris

Comment

It sounds like the Left and Right channels being combined were causing some "phase cancellation". It all depends which mixer inputs you were using and how they were panned. But using just the LEFT (MONO) output from the module is the best way to avoid those problems when using a single speaker. If you get a second speaker then using the RIGHT output too would be fine with stereo mixer channels.

Bruce

Comment

Make sure you have all your sounds panned to center if your running MONO/L, sounds like you have the two sounds in question panned hard right and you are only getting the FX off the sound .. The ambeince will bleed thru even if the sound is panned hard right .

Zeke

Comment

Originally posted by zekedrum View Post
              Make sure you have all your sounds panned to center if your running MONO/L, sounds like you have the two sounds in question panned hard right and you are only getting the FX off the sound .. The ambeince will bleed thru even if the sound is panned hard right .
              There's no need to pan anything anywhere if you only use the LEFT (MONO) output, as it's mono and panning has no effect.

Bruce

Comment

Check it anyway, Also check and make sure you don;t have those to sounds assigned to a Direct out . Make sure they are assigned to the main output ..
                Last edited by zekedrum; 01-11-09, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zekedrum View Post
                  Check it anyway, Also check and make sure you don;t have those to sounds assigned to a Direct out . Make sure they are assigned to the main output ..
                  He already solved the problem by using the mono output, so none of that applies.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
                  X