Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

td6-sxt System updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenbutmean
    replied
    The next update to my TD-6v is gonna come in the form of a TD-12 or 20 module.

Leave a comment:

• jeroencrezee
    replied
    I just checked my TD-6v and I have 1.03. I bought it new in june 2008, so I guess this is the last version.

Leave a comment:

• BarT
    replied
    The latest update 1.02 is nearly four years old.

Use the following procedure to view the current ROM version in the TD-6:
    1. Power on while holding KIT, CURSOR Left (<), and ENTER. The current version will be displayed next to "PROG:"
    http://backstage.rolandus.com/knowle...p?HD_ID=104215

Standard MIDI File Update Procedure:
    Required Equipment:

1. UPDATE DATA (SMF Files)
    2. Computer
    3. Computer MIDI Interface
    4. Sequencer software (or any software that will play Standard MIDI Files)
    5. MIDI Cable.
    Update Procedure:
    1. Turn off the power to the TD-6.
    2. Turn on the power to the TD-6 while holding [EDIT] and [STOP]. You will see the display light up, but no text will appear. You will also see [EDIT] light.
    3. Continue holding [STOP], release [EDIT], and press [KIT] button. You will see [KIT] light.
    4. Continue to hold [KIT], release [STOP] and press [SONG] button. Once [KIT] and [RECORD] light up, you can release all buttons.
    5. After a short pause, [KIT] and [RECORD] will go out and [PLAY] will light up.
    6. Play the MIDI files from the computer.
    7. As the files play to the TD-6, you will see [PLAY] light, then [PART MUTE], then [REC] several times in succession.
    8. You will see the [PLAY] button flash, indicating that the update has completed successfully.
    9. Turn the TD-6 off.
    Factory Reset Procedure:
    After performing the system update you must reset the TD-6 back to factory settings. Follow these steps to perform the Factory Reset:
    1. Turn the TD-6 on.
    2. You will see “Backup NG! Execute Reset All!”. Press the [ENTER] button twice.

(readme.pdf in the update download)

if you need a sequencer to send these files, download the PCSMF Update Application
    (TD-6V Download tab)

Bruce
    Last edited by BarT; 01-10-09, 08:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• crankshaft
    started a topic td6-sxt System updates?

td6-sxt System updates?

Checking the Roland site, I found some updates. First how do I check what version I currently have? Secondly, how do I run the updates and get them on the TD-6v brain? What do I need?

I did a search and didn't come up with anything and I've got the manual sitting next to me but didn't find anything it there either.

Thanks
Working...
X