Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD 20 Probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD 20 Probs

newbie to this site so please be gentle!! I have tried looking in the FAQ's for an answer! Our td20 is around 3 years old and is used both in studio and out on the road, in both sits performs excellently! it had a replacement brain around 12 months due to battery back up problems and the battery has now gone again on the replacement unit so will be going back again, but another prob has occured, just put it back together in studio after a gig plugged everything back in and crash 1 cymbal is u/s, the leads, cymbal etc checks out ok having swapped inputs round with other cymbals etc, but there is only a very very faint output if you hit the cymbal very hard, the trigger level is fine, any ideas guys? Also any views on the expansion board now available is it a must have??????

cheers F

Originally posted by farscope View Post
    newbie to this site so please be gentle!! I have tried looking in the FAQ's for an answer! Our td20 is around 3 years old and is used both in studio and out on the road, in both sits performs excellently! it had a replacement brain around 12 months due to battery back up problems and the battery has now gone again on the replacement unit so will be going back again, but another prob has occured, just put it back together in studio after a gig plugged everything back in and crash 1 cymbal is u/s, the leads, cymbal etc checks out ok having swapped inputs round with other cymbals etc, but there is only a very very faint output if you hit the cymbal very hard, the trigger level is fine, any ideas guys?
    Welcome!

Is Crash 1 volume only a problem on one kit or all kits?

If the trigger level is fine on the LEDs, have you checked the volume setting at MIXER?

Also any views on the expansion board now available is it a must have??????
    Probably: Roland TDW-20 Expansion Board for TD-20

Bruce

Comment

Thanks for reply Bruce, only affected 1 kit all others ok??????

Comment

If the problem is only apparent on one kit, there could have been some inadvertent change to kit/instrument settings. You could either try to figure out what may be different (such as the volume level at MIXER or a COMPression setting), or just COPY that kit back from PRESET to USER (Page 69).

Bruce

Comment

will check that out and report back, i know for a fact that no parameters were changed from the kit being in the studio out to the gig and back again because i broke the kit down/re-assembled myself and no changes were made at the gig i know the guys that set it up. we have a kit programmed for gigs and one for studio, as mentioned i have been doing this for three years so i know what i am doing for both scenarios just seems very odd to us!!! never had to copy kits before but will do so if sorts problem out cheers F

Comment

...the battery has now gone again on the replacement unit so will be going back again...
            This could be your problem. The battery is used to maintain your user settings. So, the kit may have changed even though you never made any changes on it.

Do you have a backup on a Compact Flash card? If so, why don't you try restoring your settings from the backup.

-SD-

Comment

Working...
            X