Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-6V closed hi-hat help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-6V closed hi-hat help please

I have the TD-6V sound module, can anyone tell me how, or if it's possible, to set the hi-hat to play as if it is closed even when I'm not pressing down the foot pedal. Like if I want to play my double bass drum and play my hi-hat like it's closed, how can I do that. I have accidentally done it a few times while playing, but I can't figure it out. I've checked my manual but no luck. thanks!!
    TD-9 with Master 50 VEX pack. Three PD-85 dual triggered toms plus one 10" Hart Acupad. 10" Jobeky Drums snare. 8" Hart Acupad kick. CY-5 as hats, CY-8 and CY-14 as crashes, and CY-12R/C as ride.

Try setting the hi hat sound to instrument 990 and work your way up from there. 990 and up are the "fixed hi hat" sounds. I don't know if these patches will bypass the hat controller pedal position/function, but it may give you a place to start. You could then adjust the decay to obtain the right amount of sizzle. (TD-6V manual, page 123)
    *TDW-20* KD-8 w/Iron Cobra single, PD-125, PD-80R, VH-11, PD-8(X3), CY-12R/C, CY-8(X2), older MDS-6 rack with additional lower crossbar for support, Roc 'n' Soc Nitro, ATH-M50 and MDR-7506

Life is a tragedy to those who feel and a comedy to those who think...

Comment

Soundofmind is right. You can set the hi-hat to closed sounds and they stay as that regardless of pedal movement.

Comment

You can also assign the closed hi-hat sound to another pad or just the rim of another pad and still have your normal hi-hat function for other parts of the song.
        VDrums: a cluster of bits including TDW-20 and TD-3 modules, KD-85, PD-85(2), PD-8(5), CY-12(3), CY-8(2), CY-5(3), Kit Toys china, all on an MDS-6SL+ rack, SPD-S, VEX, VDL
        ZDrums: a Zendrum ZCSZX
        ADrums: an eight piece Tama Rockstar kit with lots o' Zildjians
        Gender-Conflicted Drums: a stock PDP Chameleon with a few Zildjians (a conversion just waiting to happen... then it can go both ways!)

Comment

Thanks for the help, guys! I'll try it out and see how it works.
          TD-9 with Master 50 VEX pack. Three PD-85 dual triggered toms plus one 10" Hart Acupad. 10" Jobeky Drums snare. 8" Hart Acupad kick. CY-5 as hats, CY-8 and CY-14 as crashes, and CY-12R/C as ride.

Comment

Working...
          X