Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

need help recording with music mixed in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help recording with music mixed in

hey i need help trying to record my vdrums straight to the computer while my ipod is plugged into the module playing music i would like to record audio files while doing that or video files is there any program that i need to do this because i want to record video with me drummming to music and put it on youtube or something like that... anyone know any good free programs do i need a program with 2 audio inputs not just one please help thanks ... i need a program that can do this i want to make a youtube video thanks

Originally posted by Neogitus View Post
    hey i need help trying to record my vdrums straight to the computer while my ipod is plugged into the module playing music i would like to record audio files while doing that or video files is there any program that i need to do this because i want to record video with me drummming to music and put it on youtube or something like that... anyone know any good free programs do i need a program with 2 audio inputs not just one please help thanks ... i need a program that can do this i want to make a youtube video thanks
    youdonotsaywhatkindofmoduleyouareusingwhatkindofco mputerwhatkindofvideooraudiorecordingequipmentyouh aveatyourdisposalthisisallveryimportantsoifyoucoul dtellusthisthatwouldhelpandthrowinginperiodsatthee ndofyoursentenceswouldmakeiteasiertounderstandyour posthanksbythewaywelcometotheforum!
    Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

i dont care about punctuation i dont need it to get my point across im using a td 12 and all im using is audio cables plugged into my ipod and the module and also a wire straight from the module to the computers microphone input... do i need a program with 2 audio layers to be able to do that or is there any easier way? like i said i want to record video of myself playing the drums to music with the ipod music mixed in... thanks for any help

Comment

Originally posted by Neogitus View Post
        i dont care about punctuation i dont need it to get my point across im using a td 12 and all im using is audio cables plugged into my ipod and the module and also a wire straight from the module to the computers microphone input... do i need a program with 2 audio layers to be able to do that or is there any easier way? like i said i want to record video of myself playing the drums to music with the ipod music mixed in... thanks for any help
        I knew this era of cell phone "texting" was the beginning of our armageddon. The apocalypse is indeed upon us.

To be honest, its pretty f'in sad that kids nowadays are too lazy to even spell out an entire word and actually use proper grammar. I can understand the argument that perhaps its quicker and more time effective to use the simplest method with minimal effort but it carries over into the classroom and its destroying the form of language.

Call me old fashioned but I think its rather pathetic that my wife (who is a 6th grade teacher) has to spend extra time grading papers that look like a completely different language.

Thats my rant and I'm sticking to it. I don't want to be rude but if you actually spend some time to get your question across with some decent readability then I will spend some time to answer it for you.

Comment

Audacity - free and easy to use

reaper - free and easy to use

U really need to get yourself an audio interface, do a search in the forums and it should give you alot of information.

Comment

Funny how the people whoneverusepunctuation and who also comeinhereandneverUTFSE while demandinganswerslikeyunnoyesterday

also have a very low post count, like in single digits.

And cope a 'tude when when we get all rightous on them.

Yes, I'm being rude.

Oh, and what Crazen said. There are tons of more expensive options (I run everything into Cubase thru my M-Audio Delta 44 card to include video) but that's a reflection of what I already have (for studio work) which is overkill for what you're looking to do.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
            TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

I disagree...it is discourteous to make people work hard to decipher your meanings...and I won't answer someone who is discourteous to me...which is why I don't understand why grog and the others bothered....
              TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
              ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
              not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by saku View Post
                ...which is why I don't understand why grog and the others bothered....
                Because deep down, the folks here are a nice and helpful bunch.
                Grumpy sometimes, but still helpful!

But seriously, stepping into a new forum with a little more "hat in your hand" attitude always gets a more captive audience....

Comment

I don't understand why grog and the others bothered....
                  Very good question (time to go meta on folks). I'd say for about a year, I felt the best response to this kind of thing was to say nothing, mainly because I knew I'd just lay a large dose of snark and sarcasm on someone.

But after watching this type of thing repeat itself over and over again, I decided to be grumpy *and* somewhat helpful. Perhaps a minor bit of understanding of what it's like to be in an online community and not simply be, well, a punk, would percolate down to such people.

I'm deluding myself.

And I wasn't particularly helpful in *this* thread. Crazen did all the work.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
                  TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Originally posted by stickinthemud View Post
                    youdonotsaywhatkindofmoduleyouareusingwhatkindofco mputerwhatkindofvideooraudiorecordingequipmentyouh aveatyourdisposalthisisallveryimportantsoifyoucoul dtellusthisthatwouldhelpandthrowinginperiodsatthee ndofyoursentenceswouldmakeiteasiertounderstandyour posthanksbythewaywelcometotheforum!
                    ^^ Post Of The Year ^^
                    *TDW-20* KD-8 w/Iron Cobra single, PD-125, PD-80R, VH-11, PD-8(X3), CY-12R/C, CY-8(X2), older MDS-6 rack with additional lower crossbar for support, Roc 'n' Soc Nitro, ATH-M50 and MDR-7506

Life is a tragedy to those who feel and a comedy to those who think...

Comment

Originally posted by stickinthemud View Post
                      That's freakin' hilarious.

Sadly, I agree with others in this thread about the decline of written skills. I wonder how long before verbal communication is a thing of the past...

Comment

Working...
                      X