Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Yamaha DTXpress IV and Roland PD-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha DTXpress IV and Roland PD-8

I just got a DTXpress 4 for Christmas. I bought a Roland PD-8 to swap out with the first tom-tom in the set, input #2/10.

I cannot figure out how to get the dual zone feature of the PD-8 to work in input 2/10.

If I switch cables between it and the snare, the PD-8 will pick up the snare functionality and do rim shots just like the Yamaha snare. So, i believe the PD-8 to be functioning.

I tried reading the manual, but I didn't see anything that made any sense. Usually, to change the sound a particular pad makes, you hit it with your drumstick and select the new sound. I cannot even get the DTXIV to see that rim trigger on that pad.

On my old DTXII, all I had to do was plug in the new dual zone pad and everything was good to go.

Would someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong and get me straight on getting the PD-8 to work properly on the Yamaha kit?

Thanks!

I would suggest also posting this question to WWW,dtxperience.com the Yamaha forums. The DTXpress IV only has a handful of 3 zone pad inputs and they are better suited for the Yamaha TP65s the 3 zone rubber pad or one of the TP series pads. So first make sure you are using a 3 zone input and if so check the PD8 for a polarity switch? Also see if the module has a setting for the TP80s (a Yamaha older 2 zone pad, similar to the pd8). Thanks, Tom K

Good luck, that module is a great sounding and triggering module.
    www.EDrumForum.com Going to be strictly a DIY e Drum Community

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=198

Comment

Working...
    X