Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-9, 12 and 20 sound formats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-9, 12 and 20 sound formats

I am new to this site and am debating which roland set to purchase. I have a midi to usb interface for my computer and am wondering what the standard file format is for the TD 9, 12 and 20 sets. Also, what formats will the modules accept when downloading songs from the computer.

Hi,
    First Welcome to the forum. Just to be clear, you cannot upload sounds from the computer to the module. However, you can use the module to trigger drum sounds that are on the computer. You then need the computer every times.

Hope it answers all your questions.

Comment

On a TD-12/20 you can record a Standard MIDI File with drums, percussion and four backing parts.

On a TD-9 you can only play WAV files from a USB memory key (and preset songs which are like MIDI but in an undocumented proprietary Roland format).

Bruce

Comment

hmm...can someone send me a td-9 quick record file. I used to do assembly back in my hay day.

send me a PM

Comment

converter needed

Originally posted by inktrocity View Post
          hmm...can someone send me a td-9 quick record file. I used to do assembly back in my hay day.
          It would be nice if you could come up with converter from quick record file to standard midi fie. I'm most certain it's possible, just don't know how to do it. You could earn some pocket money with the product like that
          - tuquoque

Comment

Working...
          X