Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Connecting SPDS to TD20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting SPDS to TD20

HI all, got a new SPDS for xmas.. Maybe I am doing this wrong, but I have the output (mono) out of the spds to the mix in on the td20.. I am obviously only getting one side (left).. How can I get stereo outs from the spds into the td20?

thanks

-Brad

Try using a stereo cable from the Headphone-Out of the SPD-S to the Mix-In on the TD-20. You can set the Headphone-Out level to half, or 3/4, then control overall with the Mixer pot on the TD-20.

Bob
    TD-12, TD-8, SPD-S, and a whole bunch of various triggers! ALL Roland stuff :)

Comment

Either, (a); use the headphone output from the SPD-S instead; that will use the tiny volume control on the back instead of the front panel volume knob, but that may not be important if you can use the TD-20 mix in volume control. Or, (b); Use a dual mono to single stereo splitter cable (a.k.a. PCS-31L/standard insert cable) from the SPD-S L and R outputs to the TD-20 mix in. Some people here do (a) while some others do (b).

Bruce

Comment

Yeah know.. About 10 mintues after I posted that, I came to the same two conclusions..

thanks again guys

-Brad

Comment

Is that the only way to hook up the SPDS to the TD-20? (into the Mix IN)
          Or is there an alternative?
          I use the "Mix In" for my monitor signal and then use earbuds out of my TD-20...that way I can adjust the volume of my drums independently from the rest of the band (in my monitors)
          Anyone have any ideas? Is it possible to send the SPDS signal into the TD-20 using MIDI or one of the Aux Trigger inputs? if so, how?

Comment

Originally posted by redmanblud99 View Post
            Is that the only way to hook up the SPDS to the TD-20? (into the Mix IN)
            Or is there an alternative?
            I use the "Mix In" for my monitor signal and then use earbuds out of my TD-20...that way I can adjust the volume of my drums independently from the rest of the band (in my monitors)
            Anyone have any ideas? Is it possible to send the SPDS signal into the TD-20 using MIDI or one of the Aux Trigger inputs? if so, how?
            That is the only way without a standalone mixer. Using an Aux input wouldn't do anything useful, and a MIDI connection could only give you TD-20 sounds from SPD-S pads as MIDI doesn't send samples.

Bruce
            Last edited by BarT; 05-25-09, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X