Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD6V Hi Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD6V Hi Hat

Is there a way, that I am missing, to get a sound of a more "open" hi hat from the pedal...it seems that I cannot achieve a more "open" sound as I can "on an acustic set" when I set the hi hat cymbals further apart.
    Jeff

It depends on the pedal as well, which pedal do you have? I use an FD7 and get good open sounds. It could be a trigger setting too. Also which pad are you using as a Hi-Hat?

Comment

FWIW, I have an FD-8 and my HHT experience increased significantly when I replated the TD6V module with a TD12. I do not believe there is much to tweak on the TD6. There are some tricks to increase the volume of the HHT "chick" sound obtained from closing the pedal or the foot spash sound (search the forum for this) but in terms of a completely open sound I think what you get is what you get....

Comment

You have three different hihat sounds, closed, mid and open. In fact open isn't open, the sound you hear is the sound of the upper and lower cymbals still touching each other.

Unfortunately there's nothing to do about this, at least not with the internal sounds of the TD6V. I'm now using EZdrummer, which has much more open open-hihat sounds.
        TD9 (All VEX packs), VH11, DIY 12" snare, PD105, 3xPD85, PCY155, CY12R/C, Kit Toys 13" China, CY8, CY5, DIY electric cowbell, DIY 20" x 10" BD with Iron Cobra PowerGlide Double pedal
        I sell e-cowbells, go check em out!

Comment

The open hihat sound on a TD6V just doesn't exist.I got that only when i upgraded to a td-12.The difference was huge not only on open but on every hihat sound
          Ex E-kits:
          ''Lernean Hydra'' ( a bounche of roland pads with a td-6 module)
          ''Lucy'' (Diamond electronic drums with a td-12 module)
          current E-kit
          ''Cherry Gretschy Lady'' (Gretsch Catalina Ash 6 piece A to E kit-Roland td20 module-A to E cymbals)

A-kit
          " Mrs.Catalina'' (Gretsch Catalina maple 6 piece kit-Paiste signature+Masterwork custom made cymbals)

check out a few videos http://www.youtube.com/user/hampisdrums

Comment

Working...
          X