Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

chinese voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charly
    replied
    Surprised to hear this, I don't have a TD6, but with something like the Roland's I would have expected them all to have 110-240v compatability (TD20 does for example).

Out of interest, does the power cord plug directly from the mains outlet into the brain, or does it go through a transformer first?

Leave a comment:

• Hercules
    replied
    they always warn you about opening that little box of blue smoke in all these electronic doovers

Leave a comment:

• BarT
    replied
    Welcome!

I think TD-6 modules are always supplied with an adapter for a specific voltage. I don't remember hearing of any being manually switchable. I think it's likely that you just need to get the correct power adapter for your region.

The "New Thread" icon is at the top of each forum index page, not within any existing thread.

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• macau
    started a topic chinese voltage

chinese voltage

hello everyone! Happy New Year

I just had my TD-6 and assorted v drums shipped to me in Macau China.
    I set up and plugged in and smoke from the power supply. Roland said there is no difference from any power supply sold worldwide. My local music store said there is a switch on the power supply for 110v to 220v, I never knew. I mean my computers power supply works fine there. I was also told that it just fried the power supply and the design is to leave the brain unharmed. Any thoughts or ideas about what not to do next time. Do you guys think I blew my TD-6 out.

Angelo from Macau China

Where is the icon to post an original message ? So Sorry to tag on your thread.
Working...
X