Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Note Chase (TD-8)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Note Chase (TD-8)

I know that this has been discussed before, but just wondered if anyone had found a solution:

If I trigger (via midi) a note number in the TD8 that is assigned to an unused TD8 input say CR2 . . . I get the note chase thing happening:

if I send the midi signal to say note #80 (not assigned to a TD8 input) I don't get any note chasing.

Quite frustrating when editing sounds that I'm triggering via my spd-6.

Anyone know a war around this?
    Andy
    TD-20, Pair of JBL-Eon15 G2's & Sub

Check out the demo tracks to hear my V's at

http://www.thebrokenangelband.co.uk/

Hey, Oz DrumR:

I've been beating my head against the wall trying to deal with the same problem. I put out a post fairly recently where I explained that I had used up all the inputs on my TD-8 for drums and had nothing left over for cymbals (I ditched my acoustic cymbals and am going completely electronic top to bottom). My solution to the problem, I explained, was to buy a TD-6 module and devote it exclusively to cymbal sounds. Well, some kind soul (Harlock, I believe) suggested that I use a trigger-to-MIDI converter connected MIDI In to my TD-8 to get the extra inputs and sounds without buying another module. I decided to experiment with this using my Alesis D-4 as the converter....

THE GOOD NEWS

I could most certainly trigger V-drum sounds in this manner.

THE BAD NEWS

All the triggering parameters were as per the converter, i.e. the dynamic range sucked. (If anyone knows how to get halfway realistic dynamic control from a D-4, believe me, I'm all ears!).

There is no functionality on the TD-8 that allows for editing any sounds that are triggered from it by any means other than a pad plugged directly into it. Ironically, the D-4 itself does have this capability--go figure. In fact, had this not been the case, I wouldn't have even known what MIDI note I was triggering.

So, in closing, it looks like we're both screwed on this particular matter! My TD-6 should be arriving any day now .......

[This message has been edited by Mick Wade (edited July 03, 2001).]
    TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Working...
    X