Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-9 - How can you tell if the mesh heads / triggers are broken

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-9 - How can you tell if the mesh heads / triggers are broken

Hey guys,

New to the forum obviously. The reason it got me here is a question regarding the triggers of the TD-9.

Since yesterday the snare drum sounds different when I am practising drum rolls or when I am practising flames. When I am doing flames the drums have a high distorted sounding pitch in it, instead of the normal selected drumsample.
    Same goes for fast rolls. It also had an occasional weird note in it.

Can this be changed by adjusting the sensitivity of the trigger pads, or is my snare drum trigger simply broken and does it needs to be fixed.

Thx in advance for responding.

Try reseting the TD-9 to the factory default.

Press 'KIT', then 'SETUP' and then press 'F3' four times.

Also, when switching the unit on, make sure that you don't press the Hi-Hat control pedal or play any of the pads. It's been reported that you can encounter triggering problems if you boot the TD-9 up with the pedal depressed.

Comment

Hey, thx for the quick reply,

I resetted the module to the factory settings, but to no avail.

After that I played with the threshold and sensitivity a little, but that didn't seem to help as well.
      Then I rewired the snare pad with one of the tom, to see if it was the pad. Well the pad works perfectly fine. But the flams on the tom pad (with snare cables connected) gave the same distored sounds on the flames and fast rolls. Even single strokes have a weird 'ring' to it.

My best guess is that the input cable is somehow broken and giving the wrong signal.
      Or do you happen to have another suggestion?

Comment

The problems you're having seem to be 'audio' rather than 'trigger' related.

Are you playing the module through headphones or an amplifier...? I suggest trying alternatives in these areas.

Comment

Could it just be the rimshot sound getting triggered by harder head hits?

If so, reduce RimShot Adj at SETUP, TRIG, ADVNCD, RIM.

Bruce

Comment

Headphones. I will try to swith to other headphones and my stereo tomorrow.
            Going to get some sleep now.

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
              Could it just be the rimshot sound getting triggered by harder head hits?

If so, reduce RimShot Adj at SETUP, TRIG, ADVNCD, RIM.

Bruce
              No, even if I set the limits to extremes, and the pad doesn't get triggered when hit normally, even then when playing flames the sound get's pitched way up there.
              So I am going to try to adjusted the mesh head it self. Put it on a higher tension, so it will vibrate a little shorter.

I am going to try the headphone thing tomorrow, cause then I will get some good headphones of a friend of mine.

Comment

Working...
              X