Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

minor TD10 repair question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• minor TD10 repair question

The module works great except the rotary dial is not responsive to turning; the numbers move real slowly. So I find myself using the keys to move around. Wondering if this is something I should take to the Roland dealer or can I open up the unit and spray some pot cleaner on the inside of the rotary.

Ewww... sounds risky. I would take it in.
    Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

probably right, for pure electronics, it IS expensive, and I might want to re-sell the box when I get my TD20.

Thanks and best from So Cal!

Comment

I have changed one of these myself.
        It took about half an hour. So if you are the careful type it is not difficult.
        Dont spray it as it is a shaft encoder not a potentiometer.

Comment

I just took the box in yesterday.... I expect out-of warranty will be more expensive then if I do it myself. Also there are warnings about high voltages in the box, a hazard I normally don't have to deal with when I solder.

Comment

Shaft encoder

There is no soldering.
            Once the case is open 4 screws to remove if I remember rightly, and a ribbon connector.

Comment

Got the box back this evening! The repair was very reasonable, functions like new! All my settings still there. Currently watching the SGadd Hudson Music Masters DVD, will give the box a workout tonight!

Comment

How much did Roland US charge you?
                My compact kit.

Comment

Total bill came to 65 USD.

Comment

Working...
                  X