Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

anything i can do about this ..... ? [expanded TD-10 without TDW-1]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anything i can do about this ..... ? [expanded TD-10 without TDW-1]

So i might be buying a used roland td-10, however the seller has informed me that it once had the tdw-1 upgrade, but it has since been removed and it cannot be restored to its original state. Is this true? is this td-10 useless? or is there a way to restore all the original, un-expanded information on it?

hmmm, what am i to do?

Roland

Back to the drawing board ..........in this case back to Roland.

Comment

Originally posted by drama_drummer View Post
      So i might be buying a used roland td-10, however the seller has informed me that it once had the tdw-1 upgrade, but it has since been removed and it cannot be restored to its original state. Is this true? is this td-10 useless? or is there a way to restore all the original, un-expanded information on it?

hmmm, what am i to do?
      If, as your seller seems to be saying, it is worthless in its present state, offer to buy it for $50. I figure you can either roll it back to it's previous firmware version or buy a TDW1 card that would get it going again. Worth the $50 risk, I suppose?
      Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

This TD-10 listed on ebay has the same problem and the auction is currently at USD202.50.

p.s. Are you the seller?
        My compact kit.

Comment

Originally posted by sciomako View Post
          This TD-10 listed on ebay has the same problem and the auction is currently at USD202.50.

p.s. Are you the seller?
          haha nono, im not the seller, but that is the unit, and i was thinking about buying it off him.

Comment

Surly removing the battery which resets the CMOS (presets stored in ROM) would work? It won't hurt it to try I would have thought.
            That's unless it took a factory write to ROM for the upgrade and not just a phyical plug in.
            If the guy recons it's a write off then he has little to lose, I like the $50 offer with those odds. Still I may have it all wrong since I don't have one and never set one up.
            Nothing of importance here

Comment

Sook, it doesn't work that way. When installing the TDW-1, you also upgrade the operating system. Which is permanently store in flash memory. A factory reset just sets it back to the original TDW-1 settings, Which won't work with out the board installed.
              sigpic

Comment

Correctomundo on the flash memory rewrite. You can call Roland and find out if they are willing to restore it to the original TD-10. Seems to me I read awhile back that they weren't doing this anymore. But why take a risk? Call them before buying.
                Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

$200+ on a crap shoot is too big a risk IMO. I would only do it if I were 100% sure it could be rolled back or would work with an upgrade card (assuming they're still available, that is...).
                  Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

Originally posted by stickinthemud View Post
                    $200+ on a crap shoot is too big a risk IMO. I would only do it if I were 100% sure it could be rolled back or would work with an upgrade card (assuming they're still available, that is...).
                    Good advice!!!

Call Roland...even though it's not "officially" supported on the website they will still service it!

I'd buy it for $100...not more.. it's a brick right now.

E
                    - your source for electronic cigs. Use coupon code "" for 10% off every order!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X