Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

CY-5 as secondary Hi-Hat on a TD-20S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CY-5 as secondary Hi-Hat on a TD-20S

I have a TD-20S drum set and would like a secondary hi-hat that I can use when I do double base work. At Guitar Center yesterday I noticed a CY-5 that looked like it would work and does not cost too much.

Does anyone use a CY-5 as a secondary Hi-Hat like this?
    With the TD-20 module can you get both the top (clean) and edge (fatter) sound of a hi-hat?

Thanks

I'm not a Roland pad user so I can't directly answer your question, but there are folks who use the CY-5 as a hat. Don't know if these links will answer your question, but they are a start.

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthre...ght=CY5+hi-hat

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthre...ght=CY5+hi-hat

The TD-20 will give you both bow and edge hat sounds provided the pad supports both bow and edge triggering.
    TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

The CY-5 would work great as a closed hi-hat sound. It will play both the rim and edge.

I actually put a drop clutch on my VH-12. It took a little tweaking, but it works fine.
      sigpic

Comment

Hi,

I used the cy-5 as an X-Hat, too..

..works flawlessly and feels good , too..

..you also get open and closed sounds for BOTH Hi-Hats when working with the Hi-Hat pedal..

..kinda fun for double Hi-Hat usage.

P.
        Drum-Tec Diabolo 12" Snare
        Hart Professional Kicks, Snare, 10" Toms, Racks
        Roland TD-30 Module, V-Cymbals CY-5, CY-14s. CY-15s, VH-11
        Trick Detonator Bigfoot Pedals
        Ultimate Ears UE-7 Pro
        Yamaha BP-80s

Comment

Working...
        X