Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Help with, TD-12 module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with, TD-12 module

Just hooked up a TD-12 module to my TD-10 kit and everything sounds like crap with low volume.What do I do???
    TD -10 EXP V-PRO, TD-12 module,HPD-15,SPD-30 ,SPD-SX dual trigger toms,upgraded V-cymbals Korg Karma,M-3, Pearl Eliminator DBL pedals,KD-120, Sonor Maple acoustic, Zildjian Cymbals
    Gene Krupa,Mitch Mitchell,Akira Jimbo,Milos Meier

Set correct trigger types for all the pads?

Bruce

Comment

Thank You Bruce . Your reply is somewhat vague.Is this a normal procedure when hooking up a TD-12 TO A Td-10 kit??
      The backing tracks are also LOUD. I went in to adjust the volume and there are pad lock icons??? on the part volume page.
      TD -10 EXP V-PRO, TD-12 module,HPD-15,SPD-30 ,SPD-SX dual trigger toms,upgraded V-cymbals Korg Karma,M-3, Pearl Eliminator DBL pedals,KD-120, Sonor Maple acoustic, Zildjian Cymbals

Comment

see page 44 in the manual as to what trigger types are and how to set them...
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

thanks Saku easy fix.I am planning on converting my pd-100 to dual trigger.do I set the pads to 105 when I do this? Do you have any ideas on the pad lock icons for lowering the backing track volume?

Comment

Originally posted by logan View Post
            Thank You Bruce . Your reply is somewhat vague.Is this a normal procedure when hooking up a TD-12 TO A Td-10 kit??
            Yes. Press TRIGGER (BANK) and set it for your trigger types, e.g. PD120, PD100 etc.

The backing tracks are also LOUD. I went in to adjust the volume and there are pad lock icons??? on the part volume page.
            You can't make any changes to preset patterns from the PATTERN PART screen, only user patterns. You can lower the volume of all patterns by using the top panel faders if you press FADER (Shift + Mixer) so that the bottom LED is lit, then use the BACKING and PERC faders.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
              You can't make any changes to preset patterns from the PATTERN PART screen, only user patterns. You can lower the volume of all patterns by using the top panel faders if you press FADER (Shift + Mixer) so that the bottom LED is lit, then use the BACKING and PERC faders.
              Yeah this was the only way I could find to stop the patterns from making my ears bleed relative to the volume of the actual drum sounds. I still can't figure out why they set them so damn loud to begin with...
              Roland: TD12, KD85, PD105, PD85 x3, CY15R, CY14C, CY12R/C x2, CY5, VH11
              DW: 5002-TD3 Kick Pedals, 9120AL throne + backrest
              Yamaha: HS1100 HH Stand
              Audio Technica: ATH-M40fs Cans
              Jeroen: Custom Electric Cowbell
              Kentley: Custom Piezo Trigger Splitter x2
              ByteArts: VEX TD-20 Kits: Top 50 1&2, Gigging Kits, Exotics 1, Professor's Pack
              Vdrumlib: Drum Librarian

Comment

I am planning on converting my pd-100 to dual trigger.do I set the pads to 105 when I do this?
                Yes.

Bruce

Comment

is there any other tweaking I should do ( beside the pad trigger assignments)to get the full sound potential out of the TD-12 when cabled into a TD-10 Kit??
                  This is a follow up. I just re cabled everything back into my TD-10 and the sound is really like night and day. Either there is something I am missing or this TD-12 module (used) is malfunctioning??? please help!
                  Last edited by logan; 01-02-09, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Another challenge brought to my attention this morning is my tom #4 is cabled into aux #1 it is a muted sound. I can vaguely make the sound out if I hit the pad very gently.??? TD-12 module.

Comment

Another challenge brought to my attention this morning is my tom #4 is cabled into aux #1 it is a muted sound. I can vaguely make the sound out if I hit the pad very gently.??? TD-12 module.
                      Aux 1 has its own fader, but you have to press SHIFT and MIXER together to toggle the FADER function before you can access it. If the fader already appears to be at maximum, move it down and back up.

Bruce

Comment

I am getting cross talk between my HH edge (pd-7) and Tom #1 I presume because they are both mounted on the same rack bar. Can this be resolved??
                        Last edited by logan; 01-04-09, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Just hooked up a TD-12 module to my TD-10 kit and everything sounds like crap with low volume.What do I do???
                          How are you monitoring the module sounds -- are you using headphones? If so, what kind of headphones -- make and model #?

I am getting cross talk between my HH edge (pd-7) and Tom #1 I presume because they are both mounted on the same rack bar. Can this be resolved??
                          Yes, it can be resolved. Answer is on page 49 of your TD-12 owner's manual in the section titled "Eliminate Crosstalk Between Pads [F4 (XTALK)]"

-SD-
                          Last edited by SiliconDrummer; 01-04-09, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X