Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD-3 compatibilty question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-3 compatibilty question

hey guys. quick question here. i should mention that im brand new to Electronic drums and am aware that these questions might sound noobish.

I just got an Ion IED-01 kit from the wife for Xmas and the brain has already crapped out. although I like the feel of the Ion pads and would like to avoid buying all new pads since the Ions still work fine. I found a Roland TD-3 module for sale locally and was wondering if it is compatible with the Ion pads. also i should mention that i dont mind if the Ion pads cant do rimshots and the fancy stuff. as long as i can get a standard drum sound when i hit the pad, thats all im concerned with.

the other thing is that the Ion pads use 1/8" trigger jacks and the TD-3 module has 1/4" trigger jacks. obviously i need some 1/8" to 1/4" adapters. is there any brand in particular i should look for? also will using adapters effect the triggers or sound output at all?

btw, the Ion set was used and is no longer under warranty

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by FetusFajitas; 01-01-09, 11:41 PM.
    positive transactions with: Jesch, SIZZLE, NolaDrummerBoy, quartz(X4), AssassinDrummer, semidrumrdad, SRT80, Andrewmsb, Kurtus420, JmanWord, rustyusrb, Red, jpotts13, lespaulman67, Dansy
    -check out the evolution and latest projects - http://s704.photobucket.com/home/Fetus_Fajitas/index

If you would be picking it up, you could take one pad and phones along to make sure.

Size adapters should be fine, but you could buy 1/8 to 1/4 cables.

Bruce

Comment

awesome thanks for the response. only problem is that i dont have access to my pads since they're at home and im 3 hours away (at the same city the brain is in.)

is mismatching pads and modules a common thing with electronic drums?
      positive transactions with: Jesch, SIZZLE, NolaDrummerBoy, quartz(X4), AssassinDrummer, semidrumrdad, SRT80, Andrewmsb, Kurtus420, JmanWord, rustyusrb, Red, jpotts13, lespaulman67, Dansy
      -check out the evolution and latest projects - http://s704.photobucket.com/home/Fetus_Fajitas/index

Comment

Working...
      X