Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

3 lead stereo plug on dual zone cymbals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 lead stereo plug on dual zone cymbals?

Hi.

I just bought a TD-6 and a pintech kit and love it! I'm experimenting with different pads and cymbals.

Does anyone know how the three leads on a stereo plug carry signals for both two cymbals zones as well as choke? I'd love to know the anatomy of a dual zone chokeable cymbal.

Thanks,

Jeff

Originally posted by jeffscott View Post
    Hi.

I just bought a TD-6 and a pintech kit and love it! I'm experimenting with different pads and cymbals.

Does anyone know how the three leads on a stereo plug carry signals for both two cymbals zones as well as choke? I'd love to know the anatomy of a dual zone chokeable cymbal.

Thanks,

Jeff
    Welcome to Vdrums Jeff. That choke switch is actually part of the second zone as well. You can read about how to make your own chokable cymbal here: Get a Choke Hold (eCymbal Choke Switch) As for the anatomy of the stereo plug for a dual zone cymbal, here you go:

Also, here is a post about how a Roland dual zone cymbal works vs. a DIY type cymbal. The post refers to the Roland TD-8 but the cymbal function is pretty much the same for a TD-6.
    http://vdrums.com/forum/showpost.php...0&postcount=16
    alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

Thanks Hellfire.

Since joining I have been to Radio Shack and bought a piezo buzzer and made a single zone cymbal using a 12" lp record (Dr. Hook's greatest) and a mouse pad. OMG that was so simple!

If these buzzers cost $6, then why does Roland and Pintech sell pads for $100 plus? (big business)

Jeff

Comment

So that Dr. Hook fans will buy them too.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
        X