Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

td12 module [mix in hum]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• td12 module [mix in hum]

Hello fellow drummers and drumets, I am new to posting on this forum but have been lurking around for awhile.

I use to play drums years ago about 25 to 30 to be exact I purchased a set of Roland TD12 in black, great set so much so that I may never get the utmost out of it.

Any who my problem is that last couple of days I have noticed that anything pluged into the mix in jack even just the adapter I get a hum if I pull it out away goes the hum I have tried a different adapter it still hums.

Also I would love for someone more accomplished than me at this stage to listen to Ledsi and post a video Think of You kinda sounds like a perdi shuffle

thanks in advance and great group

By adapter, do you mean the cable, because I was going to ask if tried a different cable. Just clarifying so maybe I can answer you're question correctly.
    TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

Wow Fast

By adapter I mean the phono (stereo) to mini plug that plugs into the mix in on the back of the module. It is just like the one that is on the head phones in and as long as nothing is plugged in no hum as soon as I plug in the adaptor I get a hum in the headphones even with the mix volume turned down

Comment

It's not unusual: Humming sound when Mix-In used

Bruce

Comment

thanks guys just read the link and about 20 other pages on this issue. Not a happy camper that this goes back to 05

the funny thing is when i was playing yesterday no hum at all so it is a intermittant thing but I am gonna call Roland and invoke my warrenty as the unit is only 3months old.

Comment

Wow...that sucks. I didn't even know this was an issue. I haven't had any problems like this at all with my TD-12.
            TD-12; TD-6V; FD-8; Hart Pro Toms, Snare, Bass; ECII hihat, crashes, splash & ride; Smartrigger crashes & china; Hart Hammer Pad; Pintech Dingbat; Iron Cobra double-bass.

"I never play the same thing twice...sometimes because I simply can't remember it." - John Paul Jones

Comment

I used to make use of a portable CD player in the mix in. This created some degree of hum, but more worryingly I used to get small electric shocks from the TD-12 casing when I had this was plugged in. This concerned me so much that I stopped using the mix in on the module and now use the mix input on my PM3 monitor to play CDs to drum along to. Has anyone else experienced this type of problem?

Comment

Working...
              X