Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Is Yamaha HH65 not compatible with Alesis ControlPad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Yamaha HH65 not compatible with Alesis ControlPad?

Hello,

maybe someone can help me with this strange situation. I own an Alesis ControlPad and have bought recently a Yamaha HH65 hit-hat controller to use with it.

My problem is that ControlPad seems not to recognize when i press the Yamaha pedal so there is no sound at all.

I have sent a mail to the alesis technical support and they have answer me the next lines:
    The Controlpad hi-hat port just supports using a standard (non-proprietary)
    expression pedal. To ensure polarity compatibility make sure to have pedal
    plugged in before turning on Alesis Control Pad.

I have done whatever the manual describes but i continue getting no response from the pedal.

Would it be possible that the pedal and the controlpad are not compatible?

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by dotdeluxe View Post
    Hello,

maybe someone can help me with this strange situation. I own an Alesis ControlPad and have bought recently a Yamaha HH65 hit-hat controller to use with it.

My problem is that ControlPad seems not to recognize when i press the Yamaha pedal so there is no sound at all.

I have sent a mail to the alesis technical support and they have answer me the next lines:
    The Controlpad hi-hat port just supports using a standard (non-proprietary)
    expression pedal. To ensure polarity compatibility make sure to have pedal
    plugged in before turning on Alesis Control Pad.

I have done whatever the manual describes but i continue getting no response from the pedal.

Would it be possible that the pedal and the controlpad are not compatible?

Thanks in advance!
    I believe that Yamaha HH65 hit-hat controller will only work with a Yamaha module. That is what Alesis meant when they stated (non-proprietary)
    . That is exactly what the Yamaha hit-hat controller is. The Alesis Control Pad can only use a on/off type hit hat controller. Any standard keyboard type pedal should work or you could get one that looks more like a piece of standard drum equipment like this one:
    Alesis DM5ProHHPedal Hi-Hat Pedal

BTW, Welcome to Vdrums!
    Last edited by Hellfire; 01-01-09, 11:04 PM. Reason: added BTW
    alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

Working...
    X