Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Click Track Bleed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click Track Bleed

I am using a SPD-S. I uploaded a wav file of some backing tracks to the memory card with the click paned right and the music paned left in my ProTools mix. I have my headphones plugged into the headphone output, I have a cable running from the left (mono) output, and I put an empty adaptor in the right output. I hear the backing tracks more loudly than the click, but there is still some of the click sound coming from the left (mono) output. From searching the forums, I learned that this may be resolved by disabling some ambient effect. Does anyone know which effect this is and how to disable it?

Page 37 of the manual says:
    "Press PAGE buttons to change the parameter and press [-]/[+] to change the value."

I don't have one, so that's all I got...
    Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

I don't have an SPD-S but ambient effects would include reverbs, delays, things of that nature. While I don't know why the effects would be applied to the click track it is likely that the effects are panned in center (both L/R channels) so even if your click track is panned hard to one direction you are hearing the echo from the effects in both outputs. Check your manual to see if you can pan the reverbs opposite your click track. If you can't pan the effects there should be a fairly simple way to turn them off completely so they don't interfere with your mix.

Comment

Ambience on an SPD-S is global, so it affects all waves in all patches; but you can switch it off by pressing SHIFT and EFFECTS so that AMBIENCE OFF appears.

Effects can be switched off for any pad in any patch at PATCH, EDIT, PAD CONTROL, Effects SW.

Bruce

Comment

Working...
        X