Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Compact Flash Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compact Flash Card

Well I just them, 512mb SanDisk....but when I try to format them in the TD20 they all fail??? While the formatting process started it didn't finish and end up saying no card inserted (I'm assuming due to the failure?)

Yes I did a search and cannot find anything that is related...

Thank's for reading...

I seem to remember that only certain brands work. Looks like Sandisk should:

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthre...light=san+disk

http://tinyurl.com/My-E-kit

Comment

Thank's but I already read that before buying it..

Comment

Did you try formatting it with your PC or in a digital camera before using it with the TD-20? I'm not sure if thats necessary, and I don't own a TD-20 so I'm pretty much talking out my ass here, but I recollect reading something about this once before. Worth a shot, no?
        Jack

Sabre's Album

Comment

Well I got a new reader that read CF Card....before that I format them on the TD 20 they read 512mb or there about, after they read 997mb so these are 1 gig card and not really SanDisk and not really authentic so I basically got screw....oh well I will install Linux on the old laptop and tried some application for partition them since neither XP or Vista seem to like doing that...

Any other Idea?

Thank you, Daniel

Comment

Is the module even recognizing the card? I have read about pins getting bent and creating problems...

I have a Kingston and Transcend - both 256 meg, that work fine.
            Id rather be told the ugly truth than handed a pretty lie.

Comment

Yes it's recognized (new since they then read like a 512mb card)until the format(which we know is required by the TD-20 then it become what they are 1 gig card and no longer recognized (due to size?)....not sure who make them anymore.

Since I bought a pack of 10....I will try to partition them??

These were supposed to be SanDisk 512 mb, I have read on an other forum that the cards can be trick with some software to read what ever the seller wants to...I'm guessing (not really)that it's true until again formatted with out the trick software...

Comment

Working...
              X