Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Slave TD-8 to Master TD-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slave TD-8 to Master TD-10

I have 2 V-Drum modules; TD8 & TD10 and one set of pads (triggers) connected to my TD10. I want to be able to MIDI trigger my TD8 via my TD10 pads. Ideally, I assign #1 TD10 drum set as TD8, and whenever set #1 is chosen, I will be able to MIDI trigger sets from the TD8.

Anybody of you MIDI experts know how to do this?

Welcome!

On a basic level, it's plug and play; as the MIDI note numbers for most triggers match on both modules. Connect MIDI Out of the TD-10 to MIDI In of the TD-8 and test!

However; as you probably want to keep phones or amp connected to the TD-10, then you could connect the PHONES output from the TD-8 to MIX IN on the TD-10. But in your "TD-8" kit on the TD-10 you would need to assign sound 600 (or 960) OFF to head and rim of each trigger so that you don't also hear TD-10 sounds for each pad. (There's no easy way to turn off local sounds for all pads in a kit.)

I suggest that you compare MIDI note numbers for the TD-10 (Page 150, right column) and TD-8 (Page 185, right column) as there are a couple of discrepancies with Aux and Tom 3/4 inputs. To fine-tune the mapping, you can change the MIDI note number for a particular pad in your "TD-8" kit on the TD-10 at INST, CTRL (F4), MIDI (F4).

I believe that by default, when you change kits on the TD-10 it will send a kit change message to the TD-8. You can tell the TD-8 to ignore that at SETUP, MIDI (F2), PROG (F2) and toggle RX ON to RX OFF with F1.

Once you have your "TD-8" kit set up with fully matching note numbers it will work to trigger all kits on the TD-8 as you switch through them there. Later on, there's no real reason to restrict yourself to using only TD-8 or TD-10 sounds in any particular kit; you can easily have some of each (or both!) in any kit.

Bruce
    Last edited by BarT; 12-30-08, 02:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X