Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

cy-8 not triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cy-8 not triggering

Couldn't find info on this with a google search and the forum search engine is well, poor. I have a problem with my pair of NEW cy-8s. I have them hooked up to crash2 and aux2 (or aux1...not sure, doesn't matter) on my td-12.

Problem is this. When I hit the snare and the cy-8 at the exact same time, the cy-8 doesn't trigger (just doing edge triggers...I should try and see if bow is the same). It works fine if the hits are even marginally off from each other. Both cy-8's are having this issue and since these are separate inputs into the module, I'm a bit confused as to what is going on. Simultaneous strikes with the cy-8s and any other pad does not produce the same issue. Just either cy-8 and snare (pd-105).

Anyone ever dealt with this before? The only thing I've changed is I've turned up the sensitivity on the cy-8's a tad to even out the volume between of same-force hits on the cy-12rc's and the cy-8's.

Reduce Crosstalk Cancel on the CY-8 inputs at TRIGGER, BANK (F1), XTALK (F4); probably from 30 to 20. The module is currently rejecting those triggers as vibrations from the snare because Xtalk Cancel is too high. Did you set the trigger types to CY8?

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
      Reduce Crosstalk Cancel on the CY-8 inputs
      duh, that fixed it. I did have the triggers selected as cy-8's, but the crosstalk cancel was set at 35. I had to go down to about 15 for it to be right. Thanks for the quick answer!

Comment

You made me realize that my cymbal crosstalks were set a bit high. Thanks!
        TD-6V, TD-3, KD-8, PD-85BK (snare), PD-8 (T1, T2, T3), CY-8 (Crash 1-2, Ride), FD-8/CY-5 (Hi-Hat).

Comment

Working...
        X