Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Pattern Save in VDrumLib

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pattern Save in VDrumLib

    I was wondering how you go about saving pattern play in the new VDrumLib??? Seems to have been removed??
    Should i try and find an old copy of this program??

    Any help would be appreciated!!!


    RAJ



  • #2
    TD-20 patterns are saved as part of the TD-20 Setup Info which appears at the top of a kit library in VDrumLib, and it's still there in the latest version; if you expand TD-20 Setup Info you'll see Patt after Info, Trig, Perc.

    Bruce

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BarT View Post
      TD-20 patterns are saved as part of the TD-20 Setup Info which appears at the top of a kit library in VDrumLib, and it's still there in the latest version; if you expand TD-20 Setup Info you'll see Patt after Info, Trig, Perc.

      Bruce
      Thanks for that infor Bart,

      Can you please run through the proccess again with me???
      I think i have forgotten...

      I seem to have found the file inside VDrumLib, but i don't quite know how to bring other pattern files into the info file???

      I am only showing 1 song, but in fact there are quite a few that are saved in Rolands TD format, actually (TD20P015) for example...
      Now, what i am not sure is where these files should actually lay???
      On the root directory of the flash card, inside the TD folder, or somewhere else???

      Could you please explain....

      Thank you once again...


      RAJ


      Comment


      • #4
        Separate pattern files are saved to and loaded from the \ROLAND\TD folder of a CF card, but VDrumLib has never done anything with those.

        If you save a complete backup then that will include all current user patterns within the setup info, which VDrumLib can transfer to a new library of kits.

        But no manipulation of individual patterns is possible in current or previous versions of VDrumLib.

        Bruce
        Last edited by BarT; 12-28-08, 02:14 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by BarT View Post
          Separate pattern files are saved to and loaded from the \ROLAND\TD folder of a CF card, but VDrumLib has never done anything with those.

          If you save a complete backup then that will include all current user patterns within the setup info, which VDrumLib can transfer to a new library of kits.

          But no manipulation of individual patterns is possible in current or previous versions of VDrumLib.



          Bruce



          Not refering to manipulation Bruce...

          The older version however did have a feature to include, or delete, just not so sure how the newer version works in regards to that. As mentioned i am only able to read 1 pattern file, but there are 15 files in there????

          They use to be visible and readable on the older version???

          Just not sure??


          RAJ


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RAJ View Post
            The older version however did have a feature to include, or delete,
            Only to include ALL user patterns from a particular backup in a new kit library for a new backup file. It's described at http://www.vdrumlib.com/td0_Editing.html which shows ALL patterns being copied from an old backup and pasted to a new backup.


            Originally posted by RAJ View Post
            just not so sure how the newer version works in regards to that.
            Exactly the same.


            Originally posted by RAJ View Post
            As mentioned i am only able to read 1 pattern file, but there are 15 files in there????
            VDrumLib is not yet designed to handle individual TD20Pxxx.TD0 pattern files.


            Originally posted by RAJ View Post
            They use to be visible and readable on the older version???

            Just not sure??
            No, I don't think so. Only "Patt" which represents all 100 user patterns.


            Bruce

            Comment

            Working...
            X