Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD9 software update available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD9 software update available

It looks like an update to the module is available
    TD9_Update_1v10. dated 26/12/08

Roland says:
    This system program improves the triggering capability of the TD-9. It will allow more accurate triggering for the cymbals and will reduce crosstalks.

got it from here
    http://www.roland.com/products/en/_s...00028012&dsp=1

anyone installed it yet?
    cheers

Anyone doing that should also download the Readme.pdf from the same page, as instructions are not included within the update zip file.

Bruce

Comment

Aussiejoe,

Thanks for the info, but my TD-9 (purchased in Nov) already has this version. And yes it works fine.

So anyone waning to upload this version should check their own version first (per the Readme file).

Phil.
      TD9-KX, VH-11, HPD-10, DW 5000 hardware

Rock Band 2 & Guitar Hero WT(Xbox), Midi Rocker

Comment

Thanks for the info Aussiejoe

Comment

yes, thanks, the update seems to have gone well...will test the triggering tomorrow...
          TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
          ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
          not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Just updated mine - it was using 1.09 firmware. Will test it later on!
            :eek:

Comment

Tested the TD-9 and all seems ok with the new update. Haven't noticed a difference but I'll give it a better test at Sunday's rehearsal.
              :eek:

Comment

Just updated mine! It had version 1.08, I was surprised since I bought it new less than a month ago I was expecting to have the latest firmware. Anyways, I'll give it a go tomorrow and see if I find any difference!

I must say that I love the scope function on the TD-9, when I buy a TD-20 kit, in a year or so, I am going to miss that function a whole lot.

It's just the perfect practice tool!

Comment

Originally posted by Journeyseb View Post
                  Just updated mine! It had version 1.08, I was surprised since I bought it new less than a month ago I was expecting to have the latest firmware.
                  Keep in mind that several weeks, months or quarters go by before products finally are used by the final consumers. A lot can change in the meantime. Take a look at a new pc, digital camera or whatever. A lot of times your new product has older software. That's the result of fast technology!

Comment

first impressions is that some annoying crosstalk i had with the low tom triggering the crash is fixed, even though i lowered the value after having raised it previously...and that the snare rim triggers a bit more easily...
                    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
                    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
                    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Working...
                    X