Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

VH-11 and TD-10 trigger question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VH-11 and TD-10 trigger question

Just got my new VH-11 and I'm setting it up with a TD-10 expanded w V-Control. I seem to have the bow and edge shot triggers working just fine but I can't seem to get any distinction between open and closed. I fiddled with the VH Offset to no avail. It seems like I'm not getting anything out of the control from the motion sensor. I'm definitely new to this so any comments or thoughts are appreciated!

Welcome!

Check the connection of the second cable from the sensor unit's CONTROL OUT to the module's HH CTRL input.

And make sure the sensor unit is the right way up, with a 3mm gap between bottom of cymbal mount and top of sensor center tip.

Bruce
    Last edited by BarT; 12-26-08, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Got it!

Thanks, I had assumed that the Control was sharing a port with AUX12 (since the Control port isn't numbered). Works fine now!

Comment

Once you get used to it, I'd like to hear about it compared to what you were using before. I started with a CY-12H/FD7 and since changed out the CY-12H for a CY5 which I like ALOT more. My problem is with the open and closed variance. I find myself either using full open or full closed. Sustaining anything in between just doesn't work very well. I'd like more range to better simulate a real hat. What do you think? Is it the TD-10 exp. that's holding me back?

Anyone else?

Thanks.
        DIY converted Ludwig Epic acoustic to E-Kit
        Surge, Yamaha, Roland, and AtoE cymbals

Roland TD-10 module
        Superior Drummer/Addictive Drums combo

Comment

Working...
        X