Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland SPD-S power adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rsm
    replied
    What does a look in manual of the module say? Normally those details are listed in the technical details section / or the requirements...there don’t have to be a call...

Edit:
    Ok, not quite fair and not shown in the official manual, but the Roland Museum (http://www.rolandmuseum.de/zubeh/html/netzteil.html) shows the details: Plus polarity is on the outer ring, minus the inner pin.

Hope this helps
    Last edited by rsm; 12-01-19, 06:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ElCaldero
    replied
    I'm preaty sure it's negative to the center. I'm using it that way. Besides, eBay offer shows that polarity (https://www.ebay.com/p/1794436463?ii...=ps&dispctrl=1)

Leave a comment:

• JoeZeppi
    replied
    Thanks for the reply I'm going to give them a call. I saw those for sale on ebay but none of them actually said "spd-s" so I didn't pull the trigger thankfully.

Leave a comment:

• BarT
    replied
    I believe all Roland/Boss power adapters are negative center (but there are certainly some on eBay claiming to be Roland compatible which are actually positive center and therefore useless).

Bruce
    Last edited by BarT; 12-26-08, 07:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• S-E-A
    replied
    Well I can tell you the supply you need is 9V DC @ 1000mA (1A).
    Sadly I am unable to tell you the polarity. Get it wrong and you might fry the SPD as 1A is a fair amount of current.

I would contact Roland, no doubt they will sell you a replacement. You best sit down before they tell you the price. If you ask them nicely they might tell you the polarity.

Perhaps a fellow SPD owner could provide the info on the polarity. A trip to Radio Shack (or a similar electrical outlet) would then be called for.
    I would recommend getting a regulated power supply too.

Leave a comment:

• BarT
    replied
    AC Power Adapter w/ Cord (PSB-1U - Replaces: PSB-120, ACB-120, ACF-120, ACK-120, ACI-120) - 11471 USD$ 30.00 at Roland US

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• JoeZeppi
    started a topic Roland SPD-S power adapter

Roland SPD-S power adapter

Hey guys does anyone know where I can find a power adapter for the SPD-S?
Working...
X