Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

New TD-9KX for Christmas...help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BarT
    replied
    Originally posted by tonsoffun View Post
    Would it be possible to remove one of the 1/4" jack off the ride/crash combo that came with the kit, then add a seperate ride cymbal and connect the 1/4that I removed to the new ride. I would use the crash/ride cymbal just for a crash.
    Welcome!

I don't think there's any way to use the ride/bell cables for separate cymbals on a TD-9, because there are no separate trigger settings for the second input and the bell input almost certainly expects to get its velocity signal from the ride input.

Bruce

Leave a comment:

• tonsoffun
    replied
    Adding a ride cymbal to TD-9KX

Hi Everybody,

I got a TD-9kx for Christmas from my wife (she's the best). Been a long time since I played drums and had always had the urge to play since my teen years.

Anyways, had a question on the ride/crash combo that come with the kit. I know there is two extra ports that I can use for future expansion but I have plans for those already.
    Would it be possible to remove one of the 1/4" jack off the ride/crash combo that came with the kit, then add a seperate ride cymbal and connect the 1/4that I removed to the new ride. I would use the crash/ride cymbal just for a crash.

I hope I made sense and very happy to be here with you masters.

Damn, I just noticed that I did not post my own seperate thread, sorry to the original poster.

Take care
    Ron

Leave a comment:

• Diophantus
    replied
    Originally posted by Colquhoun View Post
    You will just nee the small ends that prevent the Roland cymbals from rotating.
    I thought that any new pads had the cymbal stopper included with the cymbal. I didn't know they included cables.

Thanks everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Colquhoun
    replied
    But don't forget the cymbal mounts. Roland mounts are nice, but there are others that are quite a bit cheaper. You will just nee the small ends that prevent the Roland cymbals from rotating.

Leave a comment:

• saku
    replied
    Also note that if you buy Roland's cymbals, they come with the cable...dont know if that is true about the Yammies, but i would ask first before laying out the cash on extra cables....

oh and welcome to the forum from a fellow td 9er!

also as a by the by, remember you can assign ANY sound to any pad...so if you suddenly need a 4th tom, you can always assign one of the extra cymbals to have a tom sound...it would FEEL weird, but necessity is the mother of invention....

Leave a comment:

• Sabre
    replied
    Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new toy!

Originally posted by Diophantus View Post
    Can I use stereo 1/4" cable for dual triggering?
    yes
    Which pads would be best CY-8's or CY-14's?
    CY-8's are the lowest end of the Roland cymbal line.
    If you have the cash, CY-14's would be the better choice.
    Or check out the Yamaha PCY135 & PCY155 cymbals

Leave a comment:

• Diophantus
    started a topic New TD-9KX for Christmas...help?

New TD-9KX for Christmas...help?

Hello everyone!

I've been watching the forums for sometime as I am a huge fan of v-drums. And Santa just brought me a new TD-9KX yesterday! Needless to say I was stoked!

Anyhoo I have searched the forums for this question except it wasn't really answered as best as I could tell. Hopefully someone has a setup that I want and could tell me what would be best.

On the TD-9 we have 2 1/4" inputs for expansion. I am wanting to add 2 cymbal pads on to it. As far as drum pads go I am good (for now ). I am not worried about "losing" the ability to add anymore drum pads.

So how would I go about doing this?
    Can I use stereo 1/4" cable for dual triggering?
    Which pads would be best CY-8's or CY-14's?

After all the research and drooling over these for a long time I don't know where the answers to these questions are...

Thanks for viewing...
Working...
X