Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

?? about VH-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?? about VH-11

this question has probably never been asked before,here goes.How high up does the VH-11 extend past the HH stand "cup" ( the piece that the conventional bottom HH cymbal sits on) I have been playing on a fixed pad for years,( low rider). I noticed on a VH-11 picture there seems to be a cylinder under the VH-11. How far does this raise the VH-11 above the HH stand "cup". If someone could tell me in inches it would be extremly helpful.Also what brand stand you use height from floor to "cup".Research on conventional HH cymbals has shown from floor to top of "cup" 28" to 31" I am trying to avoid a HH cymbal being more like the height of a crash or ride cymbal stand height. Thanks
    TD -10 EXP V-PRO, TD-12 module,HPD-15,SPD-30 ,SPD-SX dual trigger toms,upgraded V-cymbals Korg Karma,M-3, Pearl Eliminator DBL pedals,KD-120, Sonor Maple acoustic, Zildjian Cymbals
    Gene Krupa,Mitch Mitchell,Akira Jimbo,Milos Meier

The cylinder is the bottom sensor. It's about 3 inches - pretty modest. Anyway, I avoid having to deal with hh height by using a remote. The top part is attached to my frame.

Steve
    No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.What brand of remote and would you describe the "feel" compared to a Roland FD-7 or conventional hardware. What type of clamp is used to attach it to your rack,and how much flexibility does the remote allow for positioning.
      TD -10 EXP V-PRO, TD-12 module,HPD-15,SPD-30 ,SPD-SX dual trigger toms,upgraded V-cymbals Korg Karma,M-3, Pearl Eliminator DBL pedals,KD-120, Sonor Maple acoustic, Zildjian Cymbals

Comment

DW and Pearl both make great remote hats. Responds just like a regular hh stand. I used an FD-8 beforehand, and had no trouble adjusting. Of course, it opens up all sorts of possibilities. Mine is attached with one of those Gibraltar square clamps to an extra arm I ordered for my TD-6.

EDIT: Now that you've seen it, I'll kill the pic to save bandwidth.

Steve
        Last edited by Relayer; 12-24-08, 09:27 PM.
        No more V-drums; all acoustics now.

Comment

I have desired a VH-11 ever since they came out.I was cruisin until this HH stand arrived. Thought consideration of height never crossed my mind until I set the stand up.Thanks Again.

Comment

Working...
          X