Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Connecting a TD-6 to GH World Tour MIDI Drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting a TD-6 to GH World Tour MIDI Drums

Hi I'm new to this forum but thought I would post the instructions to hook a Roland TD-6 kit up to the GHWT Midi drum kit.

I know that many of you have done this before but just in case anyone wanted a step by step guide, or is new to this then here it is...

1) Plug a MIDI lead from the GHWT drums into the MIDI out port on the back of the TD-6 brain.

2) Press the KIT button and select any drum kit.

3) Press the right ARROW button a few times until CONTROL is displayed and press ENTER.

4) Press the right ARROW a few more times until NOTE NO is displayed and stop there.

NOTE: From this point on we will be using the - and + buttons to control the different note values for each drum in turn, including any secondary triggers.

The list bellow shows each drum pad and the new note value you need to change it to. Remember you must hit the drum trigger first, then change the note value using the - and + buttons.

H/H + Secondary trigger (A#2) maps to (Yellow Pad )

I did the same with my left Crash cymbal too on both triggers as it felt better when hitting the crash while on the ride cymbal.

S/D + Secondary trigger (D2) maps to (Red Pad)
    B/D (C2)
    Tom 1 + Secondary trigger (C3) maps to (Blue Pad)
    Tom 2 + Secondary trigger (not needed but you could use the same as Tom1)
    Floor Tom + Secondary trigger (A2) maps to (Green Pad)
    Ride/Crash + Secondary trigger (C#3) maps to (Orange Pad)

And that's it, you’re now ready to rock!!

Anyway, hope this tutorial helps anyone who wasn't sure on how to do it. It's not to tricky and to be honest some of the triggers were set right to begin with just needed a little tweak.

Merry Xmas to all.

Regards,
    Simon

PS - I never though a day would come where I could play a video game and get some drum practice in at the same time...

cool,

does this work for all modules with a midi in/midi out? just asking because i have a megadrum and would like to try this. also to do this do i need to buy anything else? it looks like i dont but for the rockband one you do so i thought i should check. and i dont already own the GH drums so is there another way i can use my kit?

Comment

Originally posted by atomburst View Post
      cool,

does this work for all modules with a midi in/midi out? just asking because i have a megadrum and would like to try this. also to do this do i need to buy anything else? it looks like i dont but for the rockband one you do so i thought i should check. and i dont already own the GH drums so is there another way i can use my kit?
      There are a few options, all of them should be compatible with megadrum. Which console do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by mikehrz View Post
        Which console do you have?
        i have a ps3

Comment

the GHWT drumset is the only one with MIDI in. there are solutions out there where you can add midi to RB2, but if you have PS3, the best option is to get the ghwt drumset - it will work for RB2 as well. If you want you can take off the "brain" of the ghwt drumset and with a few extra parts you can mount it on your rack.

Any module with MIDI out and ability to set the MIDI notes will work.

Comment

There are other options besides the GHWT for PS3. My personal favorite and the one I use is Seth's midi adapter (the SethBox):
            http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56287&
            It will give you velocity sensitivity and the tom + cymbal sounds in RB (which the GHWT kit won't), as well as full compatibility with GHWT. I love it!

Comment

Working...
            X