Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

KD 8 cutting out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD 8 cutting out

Hello,

I've been playing my KD8 for 1 year now. Last night the bass drum started skipping beats. The longer I played the worse it got untill it would barely catch a beat. I changed kits and still had the same problem. I checked the cords, changed inputs, even did a factory reset with no success. I also took the head off to see if the wires had come off but everything looked ok. Any suggestions on what to do next will be greatly appreciated.
    Roland TD 6 XST with extra CY and mesh pad.......also using a 22" acoustic Pacific bass drum with a Rolland trigger.

So you have a KD-8, and it has worked fine for a year, but recently it only picked up some of the hits on the pad.
    'I changed kits' - does that mean you have tried the same KD-8 with another kit, or got a completely new kit and that KD-8 had a problem?

I would try and contact Roland - I don't know why it should act up after a year of good drumming OR contact your local music store and see if they could sort it out.

Comment

Sure sounds like the trigger head is broken. Contact Roland is the best thing I'm afraid.

Comment

Thanks for replying,

" I changed the Kits" - I changed the pre set drum kits on the module. I needed to find out if the problem was specific to the kit I was using at the time or if it presisted when changing to other kits and It did.

This problem begs the question of what to do If I'm playing live and the KD 8 cuts out ? I can reconfigure the other pads, cym's ect. to finish out the gig but not the bass drum. Now my thinking is I'm going to have to purchase another KD 8 for a back up.

Any suggestions?
        Roland TD 6 XST with extra CY and mesh pad.......also using a 22" acoustic Pacific bass drum with a Rolland trigger.

Comment

You recently added another PD-85 to the rack. Any way the KD-8 could be receiving extra vibrations? You could try switching Crosstalk Cancel OFF for the kick (at EDIT, TRIG BASIC, Xtalk Cancel) if it only cuts out when you're playing other pads at the same time.

Bruce

Comment

Thanks Bruce,

The pad cuts out when playing by itself. It started just dropping an occasional beat and the longer I played the more beats were dropped untill there were more beats that would drop than beats that would play.

Comment

Working...
            X