Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TDW-20 installation failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDW-20 installation failed

Hi - help will be appreciated....

The bottom line is that the board is installed, but the unit behave as if the board is not in.

I think I made a mistake somewhere along the way and I think the compact flash that came with the TDW-20 had the new TD-20 S/W on it, and I probably deleted it along the way.

I was not sure what was the roll of the Compact Flash provided in the pacakge, and since the user manual was very explicit about backing up the data onto a Compact Flash, I was under the assumption that that the compact Flash provided was for this purpose.
    So I followed the instructions and made a backup onto the Compact Flash provided. Where as this took only 2 seconds and since full upload and download from the TD20 to my Vdrumlib takes a few minutes, I was under the assumption that the backup did not take place, and followed up the user manual suggestion to format the Compac Flash card in case it was not used before with the TD20.

Again, backup took only 2 seconds, but this time I managed t make sure that indeed if I change any settings on the TD20, loading the backup restored everything to normal.

Next I installed the TDW-20, and insert the Compact Flash when the unit was off. Upon switching on, the TD-20 was supposed to run the Updater, but nothing happened. The TD-20 behaved just as if the TDW-20 was not installed.

So again, I think I made a mistake by formatting the Compact Flash prior to to the backup, and certainly, prior to the Update process.
    If this correct, if is probably the case that now I need to find someone who has a non formatted Compact Flash as was supplied in the package of the TDW-20. Is this correct? Is there any other way to update the Firmware on the TD-20?

Comments will appreciated.

Thanks
    IDB

Yes, you made a mistake by formatting the card. See the following thread for more details:
    http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45529

I think you only need two files that are placed in the root directory of the card. Those two files can be obtained from Roland, so just give them a call. Or, if you bought your card locally, just go back to the store that you bought it from and ask them if they might be able to swap your card for a good one.

-SD-

Comment

It's always good to have good friends to help. I got the files placed them in the root directory of the card. Now all is working great!!

Thanks again
      IDB

Comment

That's great news! Now you can enjoy that expansion card.

-SD-

Comment

TD20 expansion woes

Man, I wish I'd checked the forum before following the manual! Looks like I've fallen foul to the same problem. Hopefully Roland will get fed up with people making this gaff and calling them, and change the manual.

Anybody able to post or email me the update file? I got home all excited today to charge up my kit....... very disappointed!

Have contacted the guys at Roland but the office is closed today due to "bad weather"

Comment

The same problem

Hi guys,
            I got the same problem I formated the included CF
            and, unfortunately, I'm living in Russia, you know, bears and elks around
            Guy from a local Roland dealer said to me that he can't help me. I think it takes time to talk to him about my rights. Anyway, what I've already done?
            I restored the CF content but I can't separate real update files from thrash I found there. Could anybody, who has the TDW-20 upgrade CF, give the name(s) of the file(s) or I think it will be better to send files to me.

From Russia with love, Igor.
            Igor from CyBear.
            Myspace.com/cybearmusic

Comment

Originally posted by CyBear View Post
              Hi guys,
              I got the same problem I formated the included CF
              and, unfortunately, I'm living in Russia, you know, bears and elks around
              Guy from a local Roland dealer said to me that he can't help me. I think it takes time to talk to him about my rights. Anyway, what I've already done?
              I restored the CF content but I can't separate real update files from thrash I found there. Could anybody, who has the TDW-20 upgrade CF, give the name(s) of the file(s) or I think it will be better to send files to me.

From Russia with love, Igor.
              http://www.vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=384100

in that threat, Bart's (post #12) contains the zip of the files you need - if you just need the names, they are td20upd.prg and td20upd.rom

say hello to the siberian tigers for me as well as the moose and the bears!
              TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
              ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
              not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Originally posted by wicky View Post
                Hopefully Roland will get fed up with people making this gaff and calling them, and change the manual.
                Action has been taken.

Originally posted by Drew Armentrout View Post
                There are very simply worded inserts (on brightly colored paper) and strategically placed warning labels in recent shipments of the TDW-20 to prevent these mishaps. Also, the included installation instructions have been similarly modified.

Comment

Hi Saku,
                  thanks for the quick respond )
                  if I'll catch a beastie I'll kiss it for you )

Igor.
                  Igor from CyBear.
                  Myspace.com/cybearmusic

Comment

me too

if you get help please help me out!!

Comment

Originally posted by bobhy60 View Post
                      if you get help please help me out!!
                      Everyone here has been helped. Except you? (Give us a clue.)

Bruce

Comment

Working...
                      X