Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Auxilary and VEX Hodgepodge for TD9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auxilary and VEX Hodgepodge for TD9

Sorry I posted this once already in the DIY section, i noticed that was probbably wrong place to i posted this here now... anyhow

I have a TD9 Kit and was wondering since i have an extra quarter inch labeled Auxiliary, does that mean i get an extra cymbal or tom right?

My question also is: whre can i buy that extra cymbal for it. And how can I mount it, do i have to buy hardware too???

Also I bought a VEXPRESSION for $30 named HODGEPODGE. I got 30 kits in it but the only problem is, when I go to the instrument section to see what new instruments i got, there are no new ones. they are the same as my stock kit but just different in their ambience(such as playing in a cave, a studio, bathroom... etc)
    So why did I buy the VEXPRESSIONS? they seemed to just pick the same stock sounds as my kit already have and change ambiences and tuning.
    any help will be appreciated
    -MrD

Originally posted by mrd777 View Post
    Sorry I posted this once already in the DIY section, i noticed that was probbably wrong place to i posted this here now... anyhow

I have a TD9 Kit and was wondering since i have an extra quarter inch labeled Auxiliary, does that mean i get an extra cymbal or tom right?

My question also is: whre can i buy that extra cymbal for it. And how can I mount it, do i have to buy hardware too???

Also I bought a VEXPRESSION for $30 named HODGEPODGE. I got 30 kits in it but the only problem is, when I go to the instrument section to see what new instruments i got, there are no new ones. they are the same as my stock kit but just different in their ambience(such as playing in a cave, a studio, bathroom... etc)
    So why did I buy the VEXPRESSIONS? they seemed to just pick the same stock sounds as my kit already have and change ambiences and tuning.
    any help will be appreciated
    -MrD
    Ok. First question, you can buy a spare pad, be it a pd-8, a cy 12 (which, if you dont have one, makes an excellent ride, as you can use all three triggers, and shift a cy -8 over to be a second a crash), a cy-8, etc... There are two different mounting braces, one for the cy series of cymbals(part MDY-10U), another one for the pd series of pads (MDH-10U). Also, you can also get other pads and cymbals from companies called Hart and Pintech that are very popular with people on the forum, and might even be cheaper than Roland's own (the Md holders are outrageously expensive in my opinion).

In america, rmcaudio.com is well recommended by people on this forum, others will probably recommend others, in europe, Thomann.de or drum-tec.com sell by mail, though they are not cheaper than my local shop.

As to your question, what is so good about vexpacks. Yes they ARE the same sounds - none of the Roland's TD modules allows you to load new sounds in. However, if you examine the new kits carefully, you will find it is more than just certain ambiences: head muffling, sustain, equalisation etc are all carefully considered. Yes, this is something you can do yourself, if you have the interest and more importantly, the EAR, required to make a balance package...most of us think that we would rather drum then tweak...and for instance myself, I have no idea of how a certain 'target' kit would sound, so I would have no idea of how to begin searching by ear. This makes the vex packs well worth the money: the kits sound much better than stock and much better than I can do myself....

Just as a by the by, do you have only one extra 1/4 input, labelled Aux...there is another extra one labelled crash 2, but maybe your kit came with an extra pad?? remember, even though pads are labelled 'snare'' or 'crash' or 'tom', you can actually assign absolutely any of the 500 odd sounds in the module to that input ...so you can do without toms and have lots of other crashes, or the other way around....

best holiday wishes..

saku
    Last edited by saku; 12-23-08, 12:36 PM.
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

I will check when I get home today. I know i have one aux extra. maybe i have another crash and I didnt see it. but i have a ride and a crash. ride has three triggers.

lookin at the rmcaudio.com site I see a cymbal but didnt see any hardware to mount it on the kit?

Comment

Originally posted by mrd777 View Post
        I will check when I get home today. I know i have one aux extra. maybe i have another crash and I didnt see it. but i have a ride and a crash. ride has three triggers.

lookin at the rmcaudio.com site I see a cymbal but didnt see any hardware to mount it on the kit?
        there are 8 inputs in the cable snake (+ the third trigger for the ride), and two 1/4 inch jacks, labelled crash2 and aux respectively...when you contact rmcaudio (or whoever you choose to deal with), ask about the mounting hardware, the part numbers of which I gave previously...
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

okay thank you very much this is extremely helpful. thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X