Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Ludwig Black Beauty on Roland TD-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ludwig Black Beauty on Roland TD-6

Hey all,

I have a Roland TD-6 electronic kit and I'm trying to get that sweet Ludwig Black Beauty sound out of my snare.

Was just wondering what everyone's setting are on their snares? Or if you has that Black Beauty sound they can share?

I'm not looking to use the kit out. Just in my home.

I have one of those big TD-20 pads.

Thanks!

I should imagine there's a VEX sound for that snare. Man I remember I always wanted one when I played A Kit's in my teens. A mate had one and it was soooo sweet.

Comment

The expensive option would be to purchase Superior Drummer 2.0 and trigger it with your TD-6.

Then you could hear a real, professionally sampled Black Beauty snare instead of a synth drum attempt at sounding like one.

But you're probably not looking for that answer I'm guessing

Just sayin'...

Gear: TD-12 module, CY-14C crash, Yamaha PCY-135 crash, CY-12R/C crash, CY-15R/C ride, CY-12C & FD-7 hi-hat setup, MDS-12 rack, PD-125 snare, PD-85 rack toms, PD-105 floor tom, Presonus FP10, MacBook Pro 13", Superior Drummer 2.3, Logic 9 Studio, JH Audio JH-5 Pro IEM, Sennheiser HD-280 Pro cans, Gretsch Renown maple acoustic kit (Zildjian cymbals, Remo heads, Gibraltar/DW hardware)

Comment

Thanks Baker for the response.

I haven't looked into something like that at all. I guess since it's just my practice kit, I'm really not looking to dump too much money into it.

How much is that program?

Comment

Working...
        X