Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hi-hat not registering every hit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-hat not registering every hit

Hi folks.

Had my TD12 for a year or two, and the VH11 Hi-Hat is starting to act up a little.

It registers the harder hits and foot-splashes okay, but doesn't always register the medium to light hits. I presume the sensor (or whatever) in the top half of the hi-hat is broken or come loose?

Is there anything can do to fix/repair this, or do I have to buy a whole new hi-hat?

Thanks for your advice.
    Joe.

Have you check the cables...?

This can often be the reason for the symptoms you're experiencing. It's also the easiest and cheapest thing to replace, so definitely look at that first.

Comment

Hi MisterMR, thanks for your reply.

No, its def not the cables. If I lightly tap the hi-hat, it doesn't register. If I hit a little harder, it does. So annoying!

I've also been experiencing the Ride/Bell problem that others have written about, and I see that a common solution is to cut a circle of transparent film and place it inside the ride to space the sensor - so I will try this.

I couldn't seem to find anything in regards to fixing the sensor in the hi-hat though ?

Comment

Have you checked that you haven't accidently changed the settings for the hihat input - worth making sure before doing anything else.

Is the pad equally insensitive all over or just in some areas? And what about the edge - does it work OK?

Comment

Also, try another HH sample and see if that changes things.

www.myspace.com/rubberuniverse
          TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Working...
          X