Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Dtxtreme IIs Problem / Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dtxtreme IIs Problem / Questions

I ordered a new one from a store (they've had them in stock a while) and had a few questions. Being pretty new to the world of electronic drumming, I'm sure some of this is pretty "newb" stuff.

I can use any drum trigger and it should work w the yamaha module correct? Like if i want to use a roland 3 way trigger, it should do fine?

Also, I will be loading my own samples. Do i have to have them on one of those old v3.3 media cards or does the module save it to some internal hard drive space? I looked through the manual and it seemed like you needed a card but i wasn't totally certain. It also looks like this baby only supports 32mb cards.

Last, but not least, i'm having major issues w the snare input on the module. Whenever i hit the trigger, it plays fine but if i roll quickly it starts missing hits. Then, i go for a rim shot or two and the sound quality quickly degenerates. If i play the snare for 2-3 minutes the sound literally turns into this "CLICK, CLICK" noise. I change to a different drum sound, and it still just clicks at me whenever i hit it. I have to power down the module, wait a minute then boot it back up and it will work for a minute or two before the sound dies again until its just left making this clicking/ noise.

I HAVE swapped cords / triggers with no difference. I used the same cords and triggers in the other inputs so im thinking it might be the actual input. Unit IS brand new. I did a factory reset, called Yamaha and haven't heard back from them yet. Anyway, any help is great appreciated.

im guessing this may be the wrong forum to ask my question as it seems more focused on roland. did see some ppl talkin about creating their own triggers so i figured it wouldnt hurt to ask something semi technical/unroland related. i couldn't find anything really for yamaha but if someone can point me in the right direction on the interwebz where I could get this answered it would be much appreciated!

Comment

I don't really have alot of experience with the DTXtreme modules or kits so sorry I can't offer you any specific help .

I'm not sure if you have come acrossed these Yamaha forums but there's quite a bit of e-drummers on there and they have alot of good tips and tricks for various Yamaha electronic kits .

This one is actually a very good resource for DTX, DTXtreme , & Dtxpress players , because pretty much all of the topics are pertaining to the DTX series kits and features . Also there's alot of actual Yamaha e-drum kit players in there that can help with specifics .

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group...ec=group&slk=6

There's also this one too .

http://www.dtxperience.com/forums/index.php?Cat=8

If you scroll down the list you'll see the topic area spefically on Dtxtreme II kits

sam(otacon28)
      Last edited by otacon28; 12-21-08, 03:06 PM.
      Currently endorsed by Blastech (acoustic/electronic) drums ," Blaster " drum triggers , & " Ballistech II " drumheads. Also sponsored by Drum Star Wear , Xtreme Drummer , & Music Star Wear musician apparel .

Hear my music at :

http://o28music.bandcamp.com/
      http://www.reverbnation.com/o28

Comment

Originally posted by SecretSexyNinja View Post
        I can use any drum trigger and it should work w the yamaha module correct? Like if i want to use a roland 3 way trigger, it should do fine?
        I think so, if you use 2 inputs yes.

Originally posted by SecretSexyNinja View Post
        Last, but not least, i'm having major issues w the snare input on the module. Whenever i hit the trigger, it plays fine but if i roll quickly it starts missing hits. Then, i go for a rim shot or two and the sound quality quickly degenerates. If i play the snare for 2-3 minutes the sound literally turns into this "CLICK, CLICK" noise. I change to a different drum sound, and it still just clicks at me whenever i hit it. I have to power down the module, wait a minute then boot it back up and it will work for a minute or two before the sound dies again until its just left making this clicking/ noise.

I HAVE swapped cords / triggers with no difference. I used the same cords and triggers in the other inputs so im thinking it might be the actual input. Unit IS brand new. I did a factory reset, called Yamaha and haven't heard back from them yet. Anyway, any help is great appreciated.

You say its new? That really isnt right! If I were you, I'd send it back. I know its a pain, but, if you're loosing sound like that, I'd say it was, to use a technical term, buggered. So the other triggers do the same, ie the toms/cyms etc?

Have you posted on DTXPerience?

Comment

Working...
        X