Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Question about head tuning TD9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about head tuning TD9

Hi all,

I have started editing some of the settings for the kits and I was wondering about the head tuning function for the kick, snare and toms.

Its pretty obvious what it does (by adjusting and then listening) but I was curious to know if for example I tune the snare to say +8 should I then tune the other drums to +8 also - does every drum type have to have the same tuning so they are all "in tune"?
    thanks

Originally posted by aussiejoe View Post
    Hi all,

I have started editing some of the settings for the kits and I was wondering about the head tuning function for the kick, snare and toms.

Its pretty obvious what it does (by adjusting and then listening) but I was curious to know if for example I tune the snare to say +8 should I then tune the other drums to +8 also - does every drum type have to have the same tuning so they are all "in tune"?
    thanks
    There aren't any hard and fast rules for tuning the e-drum sounds. Just let your ears dictate what sounds best. However, you can tune them like acoustics, making standard note or pitch intervals (3rd, 4th, or 5th). For example, tom 1 tuned to E, Tom 2 tuned to A, Tom 3 tuned to D would be a 3rd interval.
    I tune snares separate and go for the best "pop".

Comment

thanks for that
      cheers

Comment

Working...
      X