Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

Trigger IO midi pedals?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trigger IO midi pedals?

    k so i currently use an spds on my accoustic kit, in my 3 piece prog rock band. its a huge hassle having to trigger every single sample myself, like synth parts and vocal harmonies and stuff like that. so i was thinking about getting some pedals for my guitarist and bass player to use. instead of going out and getting a pk5 or something like that, i was wondering if i could just get an alesis trigger io, and some cheap keyboard sustain pedals. then they could just trigger my spds from the keyboard pedals. does anyone see any flaws with this?

  • #2
    Could an Alesis Trigger iO use two cheap keyboard sustain pedals? I don't think it could even use one to generate note numbers.

    The SPD-S can use two foot switches to trigger samples. How about two Roland DP-2s? (on an insert adapter)

    Such pedals could only start/stop one sample each in each patch though. But that's probably all you can aim for with any pedal arrangement (short of something like a Roland PK-5)

    Bruce

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by BarT View Post
      Could an Alesis Trigger iO use two cheap keyboard sustain pedals? I don't think it could even use one to generate note numbers.

      The SPD-S can use two foot switches to trigger samples. How about two Roland DP-2s? (on an insert adapter)

      Such pedals could only start/stop one sample each in each patch though. But that's probably all you can aim for with any pedal arrangement (short of something like a Roland PK-5)

      Bruce
      Actually the Alesis Trigger I/O does this quite well. You can set each trigger input on an I/O to "SS" which is for switch triggering. You could have up to 20 foot switches if you wanted to.
      alesisDRUMMER.com

      Comment


      • #4
        i already use 2 foot pedals out of the spds on my accoustic kit. i need something that the guitarist and bass player can use. but it looks like i'm gonna be set. i'm gonna buy 13 cheap sustain pedals and set them up in an octave for them and we'll be set. luckily the spds has 13 samples per patch haha. thanks

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Hellfire View Post
          Actually the Alesis Trigger I/O does this quite well. You can set each trigger input on an I/O to "SS" which is for switch triggering. You could have up to 20 foot switches if you wanted to.
          Yep, thanks. I see that now. I was getting hung up on the type of pedal.


          Originally posted by Nathan Grant View Post
          i already use 2 foot pedals out of the spds on my accoustic kit. i need something that the guitarist and bass player can use. but it looks like i'm gonna be set. i'm gonna buy 13 cheap sustain pedals and set them up in an octave for them and we'll be set. luckily the spds has 13 samples per patch haha. thanks
          As long as you don't need to use your two pedals while they're using their 13, I guess that will work. But I think you'll need insert adapters to use two pedals on a single input of a Trigger iO.


          Bruce

          Comment


          • #6
            yea they won't need all 13 for any song. probably 4 or 5 per song, which leaves me both foot pedals, both the head and rim on my pd8, and 4 or 5 spds pads. i'm excited now, this is gonna work out just fine. thanks again

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by BarT View Post
              But I think you'll need insert adapters to use two pedals on a single input of a Trigger iO.


              Bruce
              Yes, you are correct.
              alesisDRUMMER.com

              Comment


              • #8
                At the bottom of the page:




                http://www.alternatemode.com/drumkat_pedals.shtml
                Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

                Comment


                • #9
                  thanks for the link. i can pick up some sustain pedals for a little over 5 bucks a piece though. although you reminded me to upgrade my alesis trigger pedal up to a fat kat haha.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    just thought i'd let everyone know that i ordered the trigger io and it arrived. i bought 13 pedals and hooked them up and this thing works perfectly. i'm really impressed with the io, neat little unit

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Glad it worked out. I'm sure one day someone else will want to use the maximum 13 pedals to trigger samples from an SPD-S, so it's useful to know that the Trigger iO can cope with those connections.

                      Bruce

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Nathan Grant View Post
                        just thought i'd let everyone know that i ordered the trigger io and it arrived. i bought 13 pedals and hooked them up and this thing works perfectly. i'm really impressed with the io, neat little unit
                        Thanks for the update Nathan. I'm glad it worked out for you.
                        alesisDRUMMER.com

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          lol barT.

                          but yea it was either this or the roland pk5a. the pk5 is like 500 bucks and this whole project ran me 210 so i was very pleased

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X