Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Mix-in bleeding over thru to master out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mix-in bleeding over thru to master out

My band uses all headphones to practice and my mix is coming out of the board into my mix-in and its making a loop back into my master out (mono) so when I adjust my master volume the rest of the band is afected. How can I keep whats coming into the mix-in out of the Master outs? Sorry if this is confusing!
    VSessions2

www.thirteenx.com

Depends on your module. There is a setting that determines the output of all sounds (main/aux/headphone).
    I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Expanded TD-10
      VSessions2

www.thirteenx.com

Comment

Originally posted by VSessions2
        Expanded TD-10

????

Take a TD-12 ....... That's it !!!!

(I mean: how can you just call the name of an expansion card without telling us what will change?)
        Robert

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr

????

Take a TD-12 ....... That's it !!!!

(I mean: how can you just call the name of an expansion card without telling us what will change?)

What does this post mean? I didn't state the module I have in the first post so I thought it may help with the solution.
          VSessions2

www.thirteenx.com

Comment

Aha, I am sorry.

I though you were someone who responded just with
            " Expanded TD-10 " but you're the one who asks the question and now give us some additional info.

Sorry again, I sometimes (always) read posts to fast. And am Dutch ...
            Robert

Comment

Re: Mix-in bleeding over thru to master out

Originally posted by VSessions2
              How can I keep whats coming into the mix-in out of the Master outs? Sorry if this is confusing!
              There is a setting for this. I have a diagram here at work. It looks like
              Setup
              Ctrl
              Option
              At this point you can choose the mix in.

Basically you can make it so the mix in goes to your headphones only and not to your master outs. This will allow you to send drums only thru the master outs.
              Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Problems, problems....

Mix-in bleeding over into outputs is a known problem with the TD-10. Even if you set your mix-in to go to headphones only, there will still be some bleed. That's why you can't use the mix-in to bring a click track into your headphones, unless you want your live performance or recording to have the click on it as well.

...And don't mind Puttenvr; it's Dutch humor thing!
                -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

he's using the old dutch crutch.......hehe
                  -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

Originally posted by GRRAVEE
                    he's using the old dutch crutch.......hehe

Mwoahhhh .... I don't understand a sicke pit from it ...
                    Robert

Comment

-i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

The effects are what bleeds from the master outs. Turn off the effects and the problem should go away.

Comment

Gotta say different...

Actually, it isn't just the effects that bleed over.

If you designate the MIX-IN to go to headphones only, you can hear a very low bleed-thru in the other outputs. It is a matter of signal crosstalk, and I experimented with it extensively.

The live setup I was using for a couple of years required that I play to a click for a number of songs, and there were keyboards and drum loops fed with the click track. With ALL effects turned off, including EFX and Ambience, the loops & click were still audible thru PA mains when at performance volume.

This led me to using a Mackie 1604 on stage to feed me my headphone monitor mix & click.

Just thought I'd clear things up based on personal experience. The problem is one of design in the TD-10, and will hopefully be corrected with the future modules. Let's hear it for clean, BALANCED outs!
                          -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Putt, I have many dutch freinds. I like dutch people! They make me laugh...

Anyway. Yeah, fartdude, I did a lot of live work and had a problem with all the bleeding problems. Roland should take a spanking for that one. The mix in, the main outs with everything else (and themselves!! ) and everything else. Roland needs to make sure they fix that.

And I'm just curious, when do they expect a new module to come out? If anyone has info on this, we'd all love to hear!
                            The best damn kid in the record industry. Maybe.

Comment

Amen to Algae

Yup, they screwed the proverbial pooch on the signal bleed issue.

As for the next top-o'-the-line module... Ask Mr. Snyder!
                              -Danny

Comment

Working...
                              X