Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

This forum is for soft/hardware technical questions & discussion only! Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Once and for all Hotspots

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Casdrummer

Great to see another Belgian guy on the forum. I hope everything works out for your hotspot. Where are you located somewhere? The Dutch speaking or the French speaking part of Belgium?

Anyway, welcome a board of e-drumming.

Stijn
    'lectric drumma
    Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Originally posted by 'lectric drumma View Post
      Hey Casdrummer

Great to see another Belgian guy on the forum. I hope everything works out for your hotspot. Where are you located somewhere? The Dutch speaking or the French speaking part of Belgium?

Stijn
      my dad is from holland and speaks dutch fluently. cant remember what part of holland ill have to ask.. dutch indonesian, as for me, im just a mutt born here in the good ol'e usa.
      Last edited by jammin777; 06-13-09, 02:44 PM.
      Pearl Mimic pro, A to E 7 piece Pearl Decade maple, ddrum Deccabons, Ddrum DDTi, UFO X-bar triggers, Real feel heads, Gibraltar rack, VH13, PD105 side snare, Roc-N-Soc,Tama Iron Cobra, Iron cobra high hat stand, Cobra clutch, Pearl throne thumper, Roland and Kit Toys cymbals, Roland KC 500, Promark

Comment

Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
        did you find my snare settings in another thread? if not here it is http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46761 post no 6
        Yes, of course. Those settings I've used to experiment in eliminating the hotspot as much as possible, but as said above, it does not blend with the whole kit that I currently use (VPro). I was asking you to share the other settings of your kit (if possible en have time for it), so that I can copy your whole kit .
        [B][COLOR="Lime"]Roland TD-20BK[/COLOR][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by jammin777 View Post
          my dad is from holland and speaks dutch fluently. cant remember what part of holland ill have to ask.. dutch indonesian, as for me, im just a mutt born here in the good ol'e usa.
          What's a "mutt"? No dutch for you, or you understand some words of it? BTW, Holland ain't the same as Belgium, but I guess you knew that. Hehe, Belgium and Holland. We're neighbours, but always picking on each other. We tell jokes about the guys from Holland and vice versa. One of the best was when I went skiing earlier this year. In Belgium. In Belgium, we always remark how the people from Holland are far more noisier than us (no offence Eric! ). This year, in the hotel, some guys from Holland were making quite some noice. Another guy from Holland at another table shouted throughout the hotels restaurant: "Hey guys, keep the volume down! It's always the same with you guys from Hollands, always so much noice! Stupid guys from Holland". Everybody laughing.... Hilarious.

BTW, what do you call a resident from Holland? People from France are the French, people from Belgium are Belgian, people from Norway are Norwegian, etc... But I have no idea what you call someone from Holland...

Stijn
          'lectric drumma
          Roland TD-20, Hart Dynamics 7.6, 2 x PD-7, extra PD-7 and Hart Snare laying around, Vic Firth Dave Weckl signature sticks, Axis A-longboards double pedal, Sony MDR-CD780 headphones and not enough inputs.

Comment

Hey Casdrummer

Stijn
            I am located in Essen close to the border of Holland, so it's the Dutch/Flamish speaking part . Btw I have Dutch nationality born in Indonesia ! So I speak Dutch, Indonesian and English, a bit French and German .

Comment

Originally posted by Casdrummer View Post
              I am located in Essen close to the border of Holland, so it's the Dutch/Flamish speaking part . Btw I have Dutch nationality born in Indonesia ! So I speak Dutch, Indonesian and English, a bit French and German .
              Wow, multilangual! I'm from the Flamish part as well, not that far from Brussels. I speak Dutch, French, English and a bit of German too. Never tried Indonesian...

Stijn
              'lectric drumma

Comment

BTW, what do you call a resident from Holland? People from France are the French, people from Belgium are Belgian, people from Norway are Norwegian, etc... But I have no idea what you call someone from Holland...

Stijn
                Are you kidding or don't you really know? People from Holland are the Dutch of course !

Comment

Are you kidding or don't you really know? People from Holland are the Dutch of course !
                  No I'm not kidding. And I'm not sure if you are right either...? The reason I'm not sure you are right is that Dutch is a language, not a country... You and me both speak Dutch, but that doesn't make us a resident of Holland... We are both Flemish (also language), but I guess you should see that as "we are flemish-speaking)...

Maybe someone with English mother-tongue could help us out?

Stijn
                  'lectric drumma

Comment

No I'm not kidding. And I'm not sure if you are right either...? The reason I'm not sure you are right is that Dutch is a language, not a country... You and me both speak Dutch, but that doesn't make us a resident of Holland... We are both Flemish (also language), but I guess you should see that as "we are flemish-speaking)...

Maybe someone with English mother-tongue could help us out?

Stijn
                    Stijns, I know I am right ! But we are now drifting away from the subject and before people start complaining here, we must focus back to the subject, which is hotspot related issue .

Comment

Stijns, I know I am right ! But we are now drifting away from the subject and before people start complaining here, we must focus back to the subject, which is hotspot related issue .
                      You are right, we are drifting away from the hotspot issue.

Stijn
                      'lectric drumma

Comment

Just to quell the identity crisis hotspot over there in the Lowland Countries:

Dutch; Of or pertaining to the Netherlands, the Dutch people or the Dutch language. (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Dutch)

But it's all Double Dutch to us anyway!

Bruce
                        [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][FONT="Tahoma"][LIST][*]Roland TD-20+TDW-20, TD-8, SPD-S, PD-105, PD-6/8, CY-5/6/8/12, FD-6/8, KD-7/8, RT-10K, PM-30, DB-90[*]Hart Acupad, Hart Hammer, Pintech Dingbat, Sony MDR-7505, Shure E2, 512. Pacific CX, Zildjian A Customs.[/LIST][/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

If I wanted to replace a foam trigger to deal with hotspots, where would I go get one? I don't see any online stores that list them, and I'm not in the mood of making one myself.
                          Module: TD-9v2. Kick: KD-8. Snare: PD-120. Hats: VH-11. Toms: 3 x PD-80R. Crashes: CY-12RC, CY-14. Ride: CY-15R. Aux: BT-1. Pedal: Iron Cobra with KAT Silent Strike beater. Tama Swivel hi-hat stand.

Comment

Originally posted by monospace View Post
                            If I wanted to replace a foam trigger to deal with hotspots, where would I go get one? I don't see any online stores that list them, and I'm not in the mood of making one myself.
                            http://www.ufodrums.com/conehead.htm

Bruce
                            [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][FONT="Tahoma"][LIST][*]Roland TD-20+TDW-20, TD-8, SPD-S, PD-105, PD-6/8, CY-5/6/8/12, FD-6/8, KD-7/8, RT-10K, PM-30, DB-90[*]Hart Acupad, Hart Hammer, Pintech Dingbat, Sony MDR-7505, Shure E2, 512. Pacific CX, Zildjian A Customs.[/LIST][/FONT][/COLOR]

Comment

Thanks Bruce!
                              Module: TD-9v2. Kick: KD-8. Snare: PD-120. Hats: VH-11. Toms: 3 x PD-80R. Crashes: CY-12RC, CY-14. Ride: CY-15R. Aux: BT-1. Pedal: Iron Cobra with KAT Silent Strike beater. Tama Swivel hi-hat stand.

Comment

New cones totally rock! I got this PD-120 off of eBay that I never really liked, and it turned out the cone had pretty much disintegrated. Ordered my replacements from UFO drums, and the thing now plays like killer.

UFO's cones are more rubbery and less foamy than Roland's, but they appear like they would hold up a lot better over time. They certainly got rid of the hotspot on the PD-120 and increased the response of the drum tremendously. I'm very happy I did this.

I ordered 4 of them, so I also gave my PD-80s a good makeover. It's like playing a new set.

Attached are some pictures. Guess which cone is which.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X