Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question

Sorry for this being a little elementary, but I'm new to Macs.

I'll make this short.

I have no idea how to uninstall programs. WIth a PC, a window will appear with all the installed programs and you can install/uninstall programs.

How would I uninstall a program on my Mac. If it matters to anyone, I'm working with ProTools. When I installed it, things didn't install right. For some reason, the plugins were not correctly copied to their folders.

Help...
    The best damn kid in the record industry. Maybe.

OS 9.2

Thanks

Comment

No one else can help me?

Comment

Hi Algee,

I was just reading your post about the .wave files. Don't be so hard on yourself, we all have to crawl before we can walk!

As far as uninstalling programs on a Mac, I think the Pro Tools installer disk should have an option to uinstall the software on your hard disk.. I am by no means a Mac wiz, but I have done that in the past with other programs on my Mac. Just launch the CD rom as if you were going to install the program, and choose uninstall instead of install, that should do it.

Good luck.

PS - let us know how your Mac runs with the audio, I would love some advice for keeping mine running clean and smooth.
        V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

Thanks for that link, feefer. Shareware utilities like that are often worth far more than their modest fee because of headaches they eliminate.

Algee, if you don't have a ProTools uninstaller option, there are a few places you can look to find files to delete.

Obviously, find the "Pro Tools" folder on your hard drive and delete all its contents.

Next, go to the System Folder on your hard drive. The System Folder has two subfolders called Preferences and Extensions, respectively, that will contain most of the rest of the files you want to trash. The Preferences folder will probably have just one file to delete called "ProTools Prefs" or something. The Extensions folder might be more difficult to clean out because there may be several extensions there that ProTools installed. And if you installed OMS, you may or may not want to delete those files also and reinstall OMS.

Good Mac programs, if they don't offer an uninstaller, will at least include documentation or create an installer log on your hard drive to tell you what was installed and where. Lacking that, run a Sherlock search on your hard drive for "ProTools", "Digidesign", "Digi", "DAE", etc. (sorry, not too familiar with ProTools specifically).

All of the above pertains to MacOS 9.2.2 and lower. I'm not sure where else I would look in OSX if I had to.

Comment

Thanks K-Chuck and everyone. My ProTools is now up and running!

Sometime soon I'm going to post some info and pictures on my soon to be business.

Comment

Working...
            X