Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

CY15R positional sensing on a TD8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CY15R positional sensing on a TD8?

Roland UK promised me that the CY15R gave positional sensing as long as the TD8 was updated to V1.10. I bought it, did the upgrade and it doesn't do that at all.

one post here suggests that you can get the three-way sensing if you use 2 inputs simply turn one of the bow triggers off. that kinda works but you always get the edge plus bow from the other trigger feed mixed up, which sounds odd sometimes.

Has anyone seen positional sensing work? even on a td10?

please let me know..
    "My wife and I were happy for twenty years. Then we met."

Originally posted by Harlock
    positional sensing only works on the snare input on the td-8
    v1.10 or not v1.10.(OFF)
    thanks for the reply, appreciate it.
    i'm sure positional sensing is supposed to work on some system - look at the last paragraph on this product description:
    http://www.roland.co.uk/gr10/prodcat....asp?ID=CY-15R
    roland uk are sure it does.

what i mean about the three way sensing is that if you hit the rim of the cy15, it can't help but trigger the bow as well because it thinks it's just another trigger input. initially i liked the mixture of sounds -it was like positional sensing in a way- but some cymbal sounds make phasing-type sounds and just sound rough.

ho hum. let me know what you think of the 'proper' positional sensing..

Comment

Thanks Harlock, appreciate the reply.
      yes i believe you're right about input 3 being the only sensing input. i have also found this trying to get rim and head sounds with PD80Rs on other inputs - it just doesn't work.
      grrr, that makes roland uk ewither ignorant or lying toads.

i'm making do with the three separate sounds, triggering off input 10 for bow/bell and 6(rim only) for edge. the RDX sounds are sweet but aren't what cymbals do so i don't use them.

Comment

you get positional sensing on all inputs on the td-10 with tdw-1
        i meant to ask - does that mean you have heard a td-10 do positional sensing with a cy15r? i just wanna know it really happens..

Comment

Tip : you can separate head & rim of a PD-80R/120 by using an insert cable.
          Plug the stereo lead of the cable in the PD-80R/120 & the 2 mono leads in 2 different inputs on the module.
          why?
          all the main inputs of the td8 are twin-chsnnel, that's why the PD6s work with head and rim.
          If i was to stick the rim only of my pd80r on another input it would trigger all the time, head or rim.
          innit

Comment

---thank you for replying by the way

Comment

ohhhh.. sorry i meant pd7.
              thanks though
              Last edited by ...andrelax; 07-27-02, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Tip : you can separate head & rim of a PD-80R/120 by using an insert cable.
                Plug the stereo lead of the cable in the PD-80R/120 & the 2 mono leads in 2 different inputs on the module.
                Harlock I tried this but as i suspected when i hit the pd80r head the input connected to the head triggers [of course] but the input connected to the rim triggers quietly too. I raised the threshold and tried a bit of crosstalk cancel but they're just too close to each other.
                How did you make it work?

btw thanks for the link, it's really useful. what doews fsr stand for?
                maybe the niceadministrator should start a faq forum!

Comment

Working...
                X