Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Aux 11/12 trigger problem on a TD8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aux 11/12 trigger problem on a TD8

Hey guys... new TD8. I am setting up two PD7 pads on the Aux 11/12. The module is recognizing only the 11 trigger, not the 12.

My setup: I have a stereo "Y" cable out from the Aux 11/12 jack (not the Roland-recommended PCS-31). I have tried two stereo cables going to the pads AND two mono cables going to the pads. Each time the LED is designating only the 11 trigger is recognized. I can modify one pad or the other (change the instrument) and both pads continue to be the same instrument.

For what it's worth, I am modifying a copy of the Brushes drum kit and have successfully changed some other pads without a problem.

I searched the forum for a similar problem. I even called Roland today (they said I shouldn't use 'stereo cables'...)
    Need a little help guys. What am I missing...? Thanks in advance.

Check your Y cable. A "two stereo's to 1 stereo" Y won't do the trick. You need a "two MONO's to one stereo" Y. This way one mono will connect to the ground an tip of the stereo (for channel 11) and the other will connect to the ground and ring of the stereo (for channel 12).
    My website...
    VCustom kit,
    TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
    HDI Cymbals.
    A great site: eDrumming.com

Comment

I use the Y adapter I've shown as "good" in the illustration to plug two triggers into the 11/12 jack on my TD8. I use a tamborine on 11 and a cowbell on 12. Works like a dream.

If you can't find a Y like that to purchase, making one is no sweat.
      Last edited by Ranman; 07-24-02, 09:07 AM.
      My website...
      VCustom kit,
      TD8 + Aphex Impulse,
      HDI Cymbals.
      A great site: eDrumming.com

Comment

Thanks guys!! Your promptness and accuracy never ceases to amaze me.

Ranman.... let me guess -- you have an engineering background right?

Once again, thanks! Have a good one.

Comment

Nice diagram, Ranman. Makes it very clear.

Comment

Working...
          X