Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Help...TD-8 question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help...TD-8 question.

I'm having a problem with my bass drum. It's not sounding all the time when I strike it. The only times it misses are when I hit something else simultaneously and the misses are pretty random. This was happening with my home made, "redshot" triggered 5 x 20" & I thought that was just because of who made it :-) But now it's happening with my brand spank'n new Space Muffin kick too. The thing is, it only occurs when I play through my Mackie SRM450 but not when I use headphones & it's only the kick that misses & it never misses when I play it alone. It's obviously (or maybe not) something to do with the monitor's sound interfering with & cancelling the hit somehow. I just don't get it.
    I have the threshold way down to zero & the sens pretty high(12). The pad selection is for "other manufacturer". I've ****ed around with some of the other settings too but nothing seems to affect it other than turning off the monitor.
    Can anyone suggest what might be the problem? I'm hoping it's something obvious that the more experienced folks might recognize.
    Thanks.
    TD8, triggered Tempus carbon fibre acoustics. Triggered 13" x 7" Tempus c/f snares. 12" Ddrum snare. Various pads, CY-12, KD-8, way too many pedals. Meinl, Paiste, Sabian cymbals...

I had the exact same symptoms that turned out to be a bad cable on the bass trigger.

When I hit the bass individually, it sounded fine. Then I would hit other things and the bass would randomly trigger.

Hope this helps... I seriously doubt if any signal "cancelling" is going on, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Hmmm...

Thanks. I'll try that. I'll have to wait 'til this weekend's gig though cuz the other thing is that it only occurs when I play live which is the only time I crank up the Mackie. Your suggestion makes me wonder if maybe the sound waves from the Mackie are buzzing an already loose connection in the cord...
      TD8, triggered Tempus carbon fibre acoustics. Triggered 13" x 7" Tempus c/f snares. 12" Ddrum snare. Various pads, CY-12, KD-8, way too many pedals. Meinl, Paiste, Sabian cymbals...

Comment

Thanks guys.....

I've been away for a bit. The scenario in the link is almost identical to my own. So, I've lowered the crosstalk (to zero) on both the BD & the "Y'ed" pedal snare. As it's only been a problem live & with my Mackie turned up I won't know 'til tomorrow nite whether this is the ticket...but I suspect it is.
        I appreciate the help!

Comment

Working...
        X