Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solved the Hart Ride 2-Jacks Problem (I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solved the Hart Ride 2-Jacks Problem (I think)

We all know the TD-10 doesn't have enough jacks. I was dissapointed to find out that I'd have to use two jacks to use the ride and bell of my Hart ECymball II ride. Well, I think I found a solution:

1. Plug the ride in as usual.

2. Plug the bell into a Y-adapter, and share the bass drum input. The Bass input is stereo, but you don't need the second chanel. Set the second chanel to the ride's bell.

My cymbal comes tomorrow. I plan on trying it then. I'll let you know how it goes. Anyone see any problems with my logic before I waste my time?

Thanks.

------------------
    Reverend Poppy
    Reverend Poppy

If it's like the TD8, then the bass drum jack has 2 piezo inputs (with the second unused) so it should work fine. Just make sure your Y adapter has dual mono jacks to a stereo plug.

Comment

Poppy, let me/us know how it worked? I am waiting to hear how it woeked out. I was thiking about getting one of those Rides as well. I want to replace teh PD9 and I think that the Hart is the best??
      :rolleyes:

Comment

Jgel,

I certainly will. Unfortunately, they didn't show up on Friday, as I'd hoped. I'll let you know as soon as I check it out.

In addition to posting how this worked out, I'm planning to post a full review of all the cymbals I have. I'm replacing the orginals with a Roland Hi-hat (done), Visu-lite China (done), Hart Ride and 2 Hart Crashes (waiting on them).

------------------
        Reverend Poppy
        Reverend Poppy

Comment

Thanks Poppy, I can't wait to hear. I was thinking about getting the Hart Ride as well as the Visu-lite. Why did you go with the Hart ride over the Visu-Lite. I am still trying to make up my mind on that one. Also, I want to replace the High- Hat and thought that the Visu-lite looked nice, is the Roland that good?
          I alos just got 2 CY6's, you might want to get one or more....at $79.95 they are incredible.

Comment

the visulite dual zoned ride is excellent. It swear it gives me positional sensing (play closer to the bell and you get a mixed beel/ride sound if you set it just right)and feels and acts like real ride

Comment

Barry,
              Do you have a TD-10 or a TD-8 or what? Let me know. I am still not sold on either yet, but I was leaning towards the Hart.

Comment

The main problem I have with the Visu-lite is the colors. I prefer something that looks more like a real cymbal. I play in a metal band, so anything I can do to look a little more "authentic" can only help me. I didn't mind going with the Visu-lite for a China, since it's kind of an odd instrument anyway. At least compared to a basic ride and crash.

I think the Roland hi-hat is that great, but I've never compared them to the others.

------------------
                Reverend Poppy
                Reverend Poppy

Comment

Working...
                X