Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Solved the Hart Ride 2-Jacks Problem (I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solved the Hart Ride 2-Jacks Problem (I think)

We all know the TD-10 doesn't have enough jacks. I was dissapointed to find out that I'd have to use two jacks to use the ride and bell of my Hart ECymball II ride. Well, I think I found a solution:

1. Plug the ride in as usual.

2. Plug the bell into a Y-adapter, and share the bass drum input. The Bass input is stereo, but you don't need the second chanel. Set the second chanel to the ride's bell.

My cymbal comes tomorrow. I plan on trying it then. I'll let you know how it goes. Anyone see any problems with my logic before I waste my time?

Thanks.

------------------
    Reverend Poppy
    Reverend Poppy

If it's like the TD8, then the bass drum jack has 2 piezo inputs (with the second unused) so it should work fine. Just make sure your Y adapter has dual mono jacks to a stereo plug.

Comment

Poppy, let me/us know how it worked? I am waiting to hear how it woeked out. I was thiking about getting one of those Rides as well. I want to replace teh PD9 and I think that the Hart is the best??
      :rolleyes:

Comment

Jgel,

I certainly will. Unfortunately, they didn't show up on Friday, as I'd hoped. I'll let you know as soon as I check it out.

In addition to posting how this worked out, I'm planning to post a full review of all the cymbals I have. I'm replacing the orginals with a Roland Hi-hat (done), Visu-lite China (done), Hart Ride and 2 Hart Crashes (waiting on them).

------------------
        Reverend Poppy
        Reverend Poppy

Comment

Thanks Poppy, I can't wait to hear. I was thinking about getting the Hart Ride as well as the Visu-lite. Why did you go with the Hart ride over the Visu-Lite. I am still trying to make up my mind on that one. Also, I want to replace the High- Hat and thought that the Visu-lite looked nice, is the Roland that good?
          I alos just got 2 CY6's, you might want to get one or more....at $79.95 they are incredible.

Comment

the visulite dual zoned ride is excellent. It swear it gives me positional sensing (play closer to the bell and you get a mixed beel/ride sound if you set it just right)and feels and acts like real ride

Comment

Barry,
              Do you have a TD-10 or a TD-8 or what? Let me know. I am still not sold on either yet, but I was leaning towards the Hart.

Comment

The main problem I have with the Visu-lite is the colors. I prefer something that looks more like a real cymbal. I play in a metal band, so anything I can do to look a little more "authentic" can only help me. I didn't mind going with the Visu-lite for a China, since it's kind of an odd instrument anyway. At least compared to a basic ride and crash.

I think the Roland hi-hat is that great, but I've never compared them to the others.

------------------
                Reverend Poppy
                Reverend Poppy

Comment

Working...
                X