Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Sequencing and the TD-7t module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sequencing and the TD-7t module

Hey, anybody out know how to get the sequencer to loop more than 2 bars?? I know it can do it cuz the factory set loops go for like 12 bars and such. Ive tried everything I can without the manual (still waiting.grrrrrr) and I cant figure it out. Also, whats up with the Q8, Q16, Qhi and such?? any help would be great. Cheers.

Originally posted by TonyMontana:
    Hey, anybody out know how to get the sequencer to loop more than 2 bars?? I know it can do it cuz the factory set loops go for like 12 bars and such. Ive tried everything I can without the manual (still waiting.grrrrrr) and I cant figure it out. Also, whats up with the Q8, Q16, Qhi and such?? any help would be great. Cheers.
    When selecting patches 19-22, a Sequenced Pattern will be played by hitting the relevant pad. There are three different Sequence Patterns: Loop, Once and Tap.
    Loop: Hitting a pad once will trigger a pattern to play repeatedly until you hit the same pad again.

Q stands for Quantize. The quantize function corrects timing inaccuracies that occur during recording. If you set it to 1/16, all sixteen notes in your sequence will fall precisely on the sixteenth note divisions in each measure. When set to High, no quantization will be applied to what you play.

------------------
    szvook
    Studio

Comment

Ahhhhhhh, I see the light now. Thanks man.

Comment

In addition to that, if you want to record more than 2 bars into your sequencer, (and not just loop the same old 2bars) click on "CLEAR" in the sequencer menu somewhere.
        You will see a "CLEAR ALL ? " message,
        select/hilite "CLEAR ALL" and turn the dial, then you will see something like (can't remember exactly)
        "CLEAR = 2? " Select/hilite that "2" (default) and turn the dial. You can choose from 2-16.
        Once you set amount of bars, from 2-16,
        be sure to press the "ENTER" button and this pattern will be set to the number of bars you selected.
        After recording your sequence, you can choose the LOOP, ONCE or TAP option for it, be it 2bars or 16 bars or whatever.

Fon
        Fon.

TD8 with PD7's, 2 KD7's (From previous TD7)
        Tama Rockstar with mix of Sabian, Zildjian and Paiste.

Comment

Yeah that is right. Once in Clear All, move cursor to Clear All and then move the dial to change to Measure and you are there.

------------------
          szvook
          Studio

Comment

On a similar topic, my question is how to sequence a pattern on the TD-10xp from let's say Caliente kit (latin percussion) and play the pattern with the same sounds on another kit.(realdeal).
            When I attempted this, the pattern came out to the assigned trigger but the sounds were from the Realdeal kit and not the Caliente kit. I had the same problem when I tried this with the TD-7T as well. Obviously I am missing something big here. Many years of trying! What's the catch!

------------------
            Drumser
            Drumser

Comment

Originally posted by drumser:
              On a similar topic, my question is how to sequence a pattern on the TD-10xp from let's say Caliente kit (latin percussion) and play the pattern with the same sounds on another kit.(realdeal).
              When I attempted this, the pattern came out to the assigned trigger but the sounds were from the Realdeal kit and not the Caliente kit. I had the same problem when I tried this with the TD-7T as well. Obviously I am missing something big here. Many years of trying! What's the catch!

drumser - maybe one of these could help you:
              http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000130.html http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000974.html http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000969.html

--------------
              Zed Z

Zed Z

Comment

Working...
              X